• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ottocinclus

mlherald

Hey guys, I'm in need of some advice. I've been lurking in the background for a while now :twisted: , but am about to set up a new tank, my first real scape.

I'm hoping someone can tell me where to buy a good group of otto's in the Midlands area, I'm from Walsall. Cheaper the better obviously :thumbup: .

I look forward to your response. :D

Regards,
Martin

Ottos typically £2-£3 any Maidenhead or ripples near u

Hi

Just visited yesterday a holly bush and they have ottos for 1.65 is the cheapest shop in your area is on junction 11 on M6

Thanks Albert

Considering that most who set up planted aquaria take great pains to eliminate algae,I would be hesitant at placing Otocinclus in a tank that did not have algae present. It is this fishes primary food.
Many of the otocinclus are still wild caught fish and as such, they may or may not adapt to supplemets such as vegetable matter and or algae disc's or wafers that they do not recognize as food,. Some do,some don't.
They also appear to do much better in well established tanks rather than newly set up aquariums.IME.

Thanks for the replies guys. :thumbup:

alzak said:
Hi

Just visited yesterday a holly bush and they have ottos for 1.65 is the cheapest shop in your area is on junction 11 on M6

Thanks Albert

Albert, I have visited holly bush recently but didn't see any. I will go back and have another look. Thanks.

andyh said:
Ottos typically £2-£3 any Maidenhead or ripples near u

Andy, closest maidenhead is shirley I think, and could be worth a try.

roadmaster said:
Considering that most who set up planted aquaria take great pains to eliminate algae,I would be hesitant at placing Otocinclus in a tank that did not have algae present. It is this fishes primary food.
Many of the otocinclus are still wild caught fish and as such, they may or may not adapt to supplemets such as vegetable matter and or algae disc's or wafers that they do not recognize as food,. Some do,some don't.
They also appear to do much better in well established tanks rather than newly set up aquariums.IME.

Roadmaster, Thanks I will bear this in mind.

Regards,
Martin

Back