• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fire Red shrimp bred

plantbrain

Expert
resizedfireshrimp.jpg

Pretty shrimp indeed.
I must have 200 now.

Regards,
Tom Barr

They are actually a RCS, but well bred and selected for, the grades below this are Sakura, then super reds, then normals.

I like them because they are RCS's and bullet proof.
I have to keep them away from the lower grades etc, so I can maintain the higher grades, but some exchange will produce lots of the sakuras and add good high red strain genes.

They are extremely blood red.
The legs are also solid red.

I like CRS's, but they do not handle the summer temps. Most tanks are in the 80-85F ranges, they will live and slowly breed at 78-80F. But for them to thrive like the RCS an these, and make it when the temps shoot up even higher........not worth it for me.

So I'm stuck with tougher shrimp and colors like these.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Got them at the local wholesaler here.
They looked nice, thought they where just a good batch of Cherries.........

Regards,
Tom Barr

Lovely looking shrimp. Sorry but I don't understand, are these a different colour variant from red crystal shrimp? Is this a different species to cherries?

LondonDragon said:
I got myself 6 of those a few weeks back, two did not make the trip home so lets hope the others breed ;)

Where did you buy them Paulo? I am keen to set up a tank to breed a good colour strain but never see any good reds for sale.

Mark Webb said:
Where did you buy them Paulo? I am keen to set up a tank to breed a good colour strain but never see any good reds for sale.
Got them at Living Waters in Croydon, they only had a few so I got 6 of them, shame I didn't get more on the day, they were really amazing in colour. Last time I was there about 3 weeks ago they did not have any more, you can always PM "Mr Dee" at the LFKC forum or give them a call.

No! Shhhhhhhh. Don't buy them.
I am not setting up a nano for them at the moment. No, honestly, I am not. :lol:

Back