• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish ID please

mfcphil

Bought my second lot of Otto's from the internet, first lot arrived and are looking great and eating away.

The second lot arrived looking nothing like the first batch....any idea what these are?

1-3.jpg

It does look stocky. I remember A1matt telling me to look at their bellies to grade their health.

However mine were as big as your ottos. I paid £1.75 for mine though so they were tiny.

I will put a better photo on later, but these are not attempting to go anywhere near the plants or glass, swiming with the Tetra's

Well my guess is it is a catfish but its behaviour is definitely not that of an Otto....I will get a better photo when the lights come on, I dont want to go messing with my timers.

I really want a possitve ID so I can say to http://directtropicals.co.uk/ what it is they are selling that is not my Otto's

Ok just to show the difference in the fish

This is my otto

otto.jpg

This is the second batch which I need to identify

Untitled-1-2.jpg

Without shadow of a doubt they are Pygmy Cory's i have a group myself!

Flyfisherman said:
I think the easiest way of identify the difference is the shape of the head - ottos are more flat and pointed where the pygmae is more stubbed nosed.

Regards
paul

and there's something in the eyes, they look so cool... or is that just me?

cheers

pest control said:
and there's something in the eyes, they look so cool... or is that just me?

cheers

No I think thats you on your own there :)

Back