• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA Seiryu Stone vs Mini Landscape Rock

Nope, it was it's proper type, like it's science name. I'll strip my bad when I'm home and see if I can find it, if not it's back to uni haha.

Got any pics? I studied geology for 3 years :)

Hi, it looks like this:
Seiryu%20Stone.jpg

For a future notice Luis. As you are a londoner and after some seiryu. I've been to aquarium design centre in central london couple weeks ago. They have some petrified wood and seiryu at 2.10£ per kilo :clap: Was quite surprised to find them there at this price. They didnt have lots to choose from but said they stock it quite regularly. nor they new the names of the stones, at least not the guy i spoke to. Anyway worth checking. This way you will pay 3,5 times less and would be able to choose ;)
Hope this helps.

Piece-of-fish said:
For a future notice Luis. As you are a londoner and after some seiryu. I've been to aquarium design centre in central london couple weeks ago. They have some petrified wood and seiryu at 2.10£ per kilo :clap: Was quite surprised to find them there at this price. They didnt have lots to choose from but said they stock it quite regularly. nor they new the names of the stones, at least not the guy i spoke to. Anyway worth checking. This way you will pay 3,5 times less and would be able to choose ;)
Hope this helps.

Good one.. I will go there tomorrow for sure, have a 20cm cube to play with and need small pieces.. :)

Fantastic..

Hi, just basically the stones and wood. If they have fresh orders and what type. The time i was there they just had a few leftovers of wood and seiryu was going to an end as well. Its always interesting to know if something good arrives. ;)

Hi, I went there today, at 1300.

Bought 15kg of seiryu stone and petrified wood @ £2.10 per kg.

There are still lots available.. :)

Choose what I wanted, paid little for it, and the shop is 20 minutes from my work.

I asked the guy if he knew what sort of stone it was, the seiryu, he told me that some guys made a name for them, but they get them cheap from somewhere in europe, so they always have it in stock.

A true find..! many thanks for the tip, Piece of Fish.. :) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was amazed and the quantity of stone they had on stock and their had two types of prettified wood, one is brown and the other grey.

I bought three large pieces of brown fossilised wood, will look great with some staurogyne growing on it..

Man, I need more tanks.. :) at least two more..

Been looking at Aquarium ltd, but there seems to been issues regarding the delivery of tanks... May have to contact David again for a 50cm acrylic cube...

Always welcome :clap:
Have to give them a visit again myself.
Oh, ant btw. It will be interesting to see how you fit 15kg into 20cm cube you planned :lol: :lol: :lol:

Totally forgot to post!
dsc2584.jpg

Starting far left, self collected, self collected, Landscape rock, Landscape rock, self collected.

They had 2 or 3 10inch pieces of petrified wood, that was a week ago though. I'd call them and ask when is their next order if you want more and bigger rocks.

My local garden centre sells 'Derbyshire stone' which resembles ada mini's, but big :)
If its not the same, it looks farily similar, £3 each for some 15kg rocks aint bad going? :lol:

It is different, but similar in colour and some bits can be quite textured.
Let me get some photo's before i get your hopes up :p

Back