• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how many galaxy could I get away with 30l

Mrmikey

Hi,

I have a 30l tank and was wondering how many Galaxy Rosbora I could have in there.

I have 4 neons
1 guppy
3 kuhli loach
4 red crystal shrimp
2 butterfly loaches

I want to get a shoal of them for maximum effect. Could someone tell me the max I could have with present fish in tank and how many I could have without them in there. (friend said she would love them)

thanks

In the 30L alongside the other fish? I'd be inclined to say none...

ummm, well I have got two opinions that totally differ? I'm good with my water changes and have plenty of plants, does this make any difference?

All the rasboras I've kept have been delicate and very sensitive water quality issues. My tank went through a couple of mini cycles when my toddlers managed to turn off the extension bar and I didn't notice until next feeding time. Both times, I lost rasboras. Ended up with just 2 of the original 8 despite the fact they were the only fish in a 48l shrimp tank with scant feeding and frequent water changes throughout the cycles.

From experience, I wouldn't put them into a heavily stocked tank and you already have quite a few fish. I'd say 10 as the only fish in the tank.

Back