• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lily pipes - Aqua magic, cal aqua or other?

peter1979

I have a 30cm nano cube and am finding it hard to decide between lily pipes for a new external filter i have bought. I tried to set it up with the eheim spray bar which came with it (eheim 2213) but it looks far too intrusive. I have heard cal-aqua lily pipes mentioned, and these look to be probably my favourite so far, but i cant seem to see much difference between the ca-aqua ones and the powermen or aqua magic ones on places like ebay, which are half the price almost.

My question is, does anyone use these other types of lily pipes on tanks as small as a 30cm cube, and if so, do they take up much room? give good circulation etc?
The dimensions are only quoted on some of the lily pipes, and some of these seem quite large for such a small tank.

AquaMagic, a lily pipe is a lily pipe! I broke one of mine last year and was very glad they weren't the much more expensive Cal Aqua ones! AquaMagic and others do nano-suitable lily pipes, but the normal 12/13mm ones are fine for a 30cm cube, had mine in mine for a while at one point. Just check the length of the outlet (from the tank to the filter) pipe to ensure it isn't too long. Think mine is about 25cm which is bang on for my 30cm cube or 60x30x30cm Juwel.

Yep, get cheap is my view. Ok the ADA and Cal Aqua ones look proper lovely, but for the price its not worth it in my book. You probably get better flow characteristics with the top range stuff, again not worth the extra money personally.

Sam

PS - Also, if I was gonna spend the money on a bit of ADA equipment, I'd get something I couldn't break!!!

Themuleous said:
PS - Also, if I was gonna spend the money on a bit of ADA equipment, I'd get something I couldn't break!!!

Yeah i totally agree with this. I would be gutted if i broke a £100+ ADA lily pipe trying to fit it onto the co2 line.

Back