• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What filter should I get?

Sandra

Seedling
I recently bought a second hand set up
212 l tank, came with co2, lights, substrate heater and normal heater. Also came with a eheim external filter but it is only rated 100l so I added that to my 142 l turtle tank to upgrade their internal.

So my question is what external filter would you recommend for a planted tank?
I'm not going down the co2 road yet, I want to see how well I can do without it.

My 4ft should be around 200-250lt, So I'll be in this situation soon. I've got an existing eheim 2222, which I will switch over. I'm thinking I'll probably then add a tetratec 1200, as that will give me a quoted 1500lph total, which even if they don't achieve that level should be enough. I might eventually swap the 2222 for a second 1200 if and when money allows, but will see.

Sam

im sorry, you have completely lost me here LOL.

So what rating filter should I have for a 212l tank?

times that number by 10 and buy the filter with the nearest ammount of turnover, 60l x 10 = 600 therefore you want a filter with a turnover of 600lph for example a eheim 2217 or a tetra tec ex700

Hi,
Ideally, multiply your tank size by 10 and do the best you can to achieve that within the limits of your budget. for a 200 L tank that means 2000lph. A Fluval FX5 or an Eheim 2080 would do nicely.

Cheers,

Back