• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nelson's nano 1

Nelson

inspiration for this is Cliff Hui's Destiny.

tank-AE opti white-12x10x8
filter-resun cy20...200lph
light-aquadistri 11w
substrate-colombo flora-base
hardscape-manzanita and black-ish lava

plants-glosso,hairgrass,pearl moss and anchor moss.

nano2034.jpg

planting may change yet.i've had the hairgrass for a couple of weeks and has been trimmed ;) .

promising set up, I will only advice you to remove the metal mats as this will be a source of blue algae soon ( known for my own experience

Maurits said:
promising set up, I will only advice you to remove the metal mats as this will be a source of blue algae soon ( known for my own experience
thanks Maurits.
what would you use instead.

Neil

Sorry mate it just does not seemed balanced, do you have or thought of removing the rock on the right and adding a smaller piece of wood - smaller than the one on the left.

Regards
Paul.

Thats looks promising indeed. I'd add the third stump on the right rock to make it 3. 2 just does not look right and create tension imo. :thumbup: At the end its only the creator who has the final picture of the scape in mind :clap:

I think it's wicked. It doesn't need to be 'balanced' in my opinion, it's a snapshot of nature...

Flyfisherman said:
Neil

Sorry mate it just does not seemed balanced, do you have or thought of removing the rock on the right and adding a smaller piece of wood - smaller than the one on the left.

Regards
Paul.
i tried it with 3 but it didn't look right.too triangular/symmetrical.might have another try ;) .thanks Paul.
Piece-of-fish said:
Thats looks promising indeed. I'd add the third stump on the right rock to make it 3. 2 just does not look right and create tension imo. :thumbup: At the end its only the creator who has the final picture of the scape in mind :clap:
thanks Edward.
still need to do some improvements yet i guess :D .

Jase said:
I think it's wicked. It doesn't need to be 'balanced' in my opinion, it's a snapshot of nature...
thanks Jase.

I like it much better than Cliff's if I'm honest. Very nice indeed.

Garuf said:
I like it much better than Cliff's if I'm honest. Very nice indeed.
cheers Garuf.
JamesM said:
Looking great Neil... can we get a side by side shot of both tanks to show the contrast between them? Both are really good mate :)
cheers James.
i'll get one tomorrow.already got some algae in nano 2 :( .no i.d. on it yet :? .

changed it a bit.do you think its better or worse.

nano2043.jpg

JamesM said:
Looking great Neil... can we get a side by side shot of both tanks to show the contrast between them? Both are really good mate :)

nano2040.jpg

nelson said:
changed it a bit.do you think its better or worse.

nano2043.jpg

Additional piece of wood make it look a lot better - its balanced, maybe pull it forward towards the front glass and twist it around clockwise so more of the roots are on show.

Regards
Paul

Flyfisherman said:
maybe pull it forward towards the front glass and twist it around clockwise so more of the roots are on show.
Regards
Paul
yeah,i think you're right.

cheers Paul.

If I may, what I found most astounding about Cliff's scape is the terrific sense of depth it created, even after discounting the ultra-wide-angle lens used to shoot it. If you want to re-create that, then take the largest root/rock combo and place it near the front, with the next largest combo behind and the smallest one way at the back. That would create a perspective, kinda like a road narrowing as it reaches the horizon.

Besides that, its a top notch scape!

nry said:
Much better with the three roots, nice scape!
cheers mate.
flygja said:
If I may, what I found most astounding about Cliff's scape is the terrific sense of depth it created, even after discounting the ultra-wide-angle lens used to shoot it. If you want to re-create that, then take the largest root/rock combo and place it near the front, with the next largest combo behind and the smallest one way at the back. That would create a perspective, kinda like a road narrowing as it reaches the horizon.
Besides that, its a top notch scape!
cheers.i've placed the wood so the thickest side is showing.the piece at the back is yery thin from the side.so will have to leave as they are now :( .i do appreciate your help though ;) .

Flyfisherman said:
Neil

Any updates regarding the three tree roots.

Regards
Paul.
some slight changes.

nano2045.jpg

getting fungus on some of the wood.

Back