• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

2ft x 2ft x 2ft cube

andyh

Hello

I really fancy a planted 2x2x2 cube, anybody done one?

Any challenges/problems?

Anybody seen/got any good pics?

Andy

I think Nick16 has a 4x2x2 aquarium, it's double the width but similar dimensions. :) It's would be a really interesting aquarium to aquascape.

I know someone has done a 2x2x2 planted cube with sump. Cannot remember who and on which forum it was, I recall that it was a marine cube converted into a FW planted Cube.

I defo agree with you guys that it would provide a decent challenge, 2ft cube, the thought of having 2 ft of depth to play with is quite challenging that combined with the height should make it an interesting scape.

I cant believe that the tank volume is 208l, it seems loads!

Had a look at the journals you guys have listed, some good inspiration.

Just working out costs and equipment and colour scheme for cabinet etc, but I can feel a new journal coming on! :thumbup:

Quite a timely thread as for the last 2 weeks I have been giving serious consideration to setting up a 2ft cube.

As my 3ft/160l is growing in the mosses are getting lost under the crypts. So the cube would be a dedicated moss tank. Lots of ledges to be able to provide as many spots for different mosses as possible (inspired by the moss tank at Living Waters).

Mosses grow at low light levels so I would not need to worry about the light penetrating 2 foot.

Probably with shrimp only, no fish. Pressurised Co2 on it to start with to accelerate the growth and get it established then switch it to low tech.

Does a 50cm cube make the cut?
Mine is bottom drilled though which makes it a royal pain to scape so no pics from me :?

Back