• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Buying a new external

A

Anonymous

Before I spend more money, i would like some oppinions please on this filter.
AquaPro NR2 Self Prime 950lph
The price is good but iv'e been caught out before on cheaper products so would like some advice.
I'm currently using an eheim ecco 2232 (not the pro) on my 10 G, the output is very poor! With a working height of less than half a meter and nothing but sintered media, flow rates are at max 160 litres an hour. (ive measured it). It really is pathetic.
Anyway, that was an example of bad advice, i'd like some good advice. Is the aquapro a good filter? I mean in terms of noise, slow down of flow (they all slow down), reliability, ease of use, and most importantly what size hoses does it use because I would like to retain my other hardware (lilly pipes etc).
I know it seems like a high turnover for my little tank, but from now on i'm working on the basis that I can turn down the flow on good filter, I cant turn up the flow on a bad one.
If anyone else has better suggestions pls let me know, ive considered the ecco300 but not sure about hose sizes either. That info seems hard to come by.
All my equipment uses the standard 12/16 size hose. High turnover essential. Money's too tight to mention!
thankyou

Hi, i am using the same filter for a year and am happy with it. It actually was a second hand so it has to be about 3 years old at least. The hoses are standard (12/16). Its silent, maintenance is quite easy. Have not measured the real flow though. Build quality is good, i'd compare it to eheims, much better than fluvals and tetratecs. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, it seems i'll have to postpone purchasing some new shoes, as my eheim has gone from bad to worse! Cannot stress enough. Do not by the small ecco. They are rubbish, wouldnt filter a teacup.
thankyou.
Bel

Back