• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Heavy duty CO2 inline reactor

Not sure if the Aquamedic 1000 can handle those sort of rates, I just removed the bio balls from mine as they were slowing flow and also preventing CO2 from dissolving rather than helping it.

I managed to get the UP Atomizer to go to very high rates when I tested it, problem is you get a lot of micro bubbles in the tank while its on.

George Farmer said:
Thanks mate.
Why have you chosen the AM1000 over the UP?
The micro bubbles are so tiny and I run the CO2 pretty high that when it was on the water looked "milky" like when you have a bacteria boom in the tank. When CO2 was off the water was crystal clear, which annoyed me!

George,

I bought my two across from Europe over the internet. They were the German made from Aquamas: http://www.aquamas.de/CO2-Zubehoer/CO2-Reaktoren. I just used free internet translators to work out whats what and ordered, no problems and 70% of Germans are supposed to be able to understand English anyway if you have questions.

I have an Aquamedic 1000 with 1000L/h through it and with bioballs in it the co2 does tend to fill it up over 6 b/s so I would suspect it might struggle even with a higher flow

Colinlp said:
I have an Aquamedic 1000 with 1000L/h through it and with bioballs in it the co2 does tend to fill it up over 6 b/s so I would suspect it might struggle even with a higher flow
After removing the bio balls two days ago, yesterday I came home from work and no longer I had a CO2 pocket at the top of the reactor, works much better without the bio balls, you do however get the odd tiny bubble escaping via the spraybar. Works much better without the bio balls, Graeme at TGM suggested ceramic rings, but I will leave it without anything for the time being.

Interesting, I'll give that a go in the next couple of weeks when I set up the sump on the new tank, they can go straight in there to save wasting good bacteria. Cheers

Am 1000 doesn't have 17mm fitting unfortunately :( You'd need to use adapters. It's a shame they don't make them to fit larger hoses, they're really good otherwise.

Voo said:
Am 1000 doesn't have 17mm fitting unfortunately :( You'd need to use adapters. It's a shame they don't make them to fit larger hoses, they're really good otherwise.
I've had 2, one had 12mm fittings only but the newer one came with 12mm / 17mm fittings

Colinlp said:
I've had 2, one had 12mm fittings only but the newer one came with 12mm / 17mm fittings
Yeah the new one I purchased early in the month does have 17mm fittings :)
I have mentioned this before, also pointed it out to TGM to update their photo on the website!

Has anyone seen the new fittings sold separately? I've just emailed aquamedic to see if they do.

LondonDragon said:
Colinlp said:
Yeah the new one I purchased early in the month does have 17mm fittings :)
I have mentioned this before, also pointed it out to TGM to update their photo on the website!

Back