• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Deep Rooted' - Andyh's 35l Nano

Well its been a while since i updated, so here goes.

This tank has been left to its own devices, i have just kept up regular water changes and doses. Not even had chance to clean it up for these photos, just fancied taking some pics.

I really like the natural look:
So as a comparison:
Day 1
web.jpg

Now @ Approx 22 weeks
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Those couple of strands of HC trimmings that got caught in my xmas moss have really turned into something special :D
web.jpg

web.jpg

and for the photography buffs my very high tech reflector
web.jpg

piece of white backed hardboard bent and rested on the top of the tank works a treat. :geek:

Thanks for looking

Andyh :thumbup:

Woh :eek: Maybe time for a trim lol. The plant growth is amazing those crypts at the back are huge and the java fern narrow has rocket. Good Job :thumbup:

Very nice and natural looking tank. I really like it. Do you get any algae on anubias and if you do, how do you deal with it?

regards,
fandango

Krish's Bettas said:
Woh :eek: Maybe time for a trim lol. The plant growth is amazing those crypts at the back are huge and the java fern narrow has rocket. Good Job :thumbup:
Will get a trim soon, i want the java fern to be bigger in the middle!
bogwood said:
What spectactular growth. :clap:
Now why did you let me go and buy all those Crypts, i could have taken some of those fine specimans off your hands.
Your shrimp population seems to have increased as well, are they breeding.?
Not for sale! i have loads of cherries in here at the moment!
LondonDragon said:
Excellent results Andy :) Congrats
Cheers Paulo
fandango said:
Very nice and natural looking tank. I really like it. Do you get any algae on anubias and if you do, how do you deal with it?regards,fandango
Fandango, as you can see on one of the pics there is a slight amount of algae on the anubias leaves but tends to be the older ones. I tend to remove them once they get old. This for me is down to poor flow in that part of the tank, but it doesnt worry me as everything else is so healthy :thumbup:

I can't believe I'd missed this photo update. The tanks looking absolutely beautiful. Wait, what was it, "magical" ;).

Give that crpyt a prune, when it comes back more compact it'll really bring everything together.

Garuf said:
I can't believe I'd missed this photo update. The tanks looking absolutely beautiful. Wait, what was it, "magical" ;).

Give that crpyt a prune, when it comes back more compact it'll really bring everything together.

Dude! Thanks very much! :thumbup:

Do you mean the big crypt at the back left?

A

Garuf said:
I do, it's wenditti green isn't it?

Also, sell me some moss? :D

Yes its Wenditti, and yes i will have a look at giving it a prune!

What moss do you want, Xmas moss? Pm me your address and i will post some to you

Andy

Garuf said:

What moss do you want, Xmas moss? Pm me your address and i will post some to you

Andy

andyh said:
Garuf said:

Andy

You know, Xmas moss is by far my fav moss! It amazing. Althou if i had sucess with it, fissidens would be close too.

chilled84 said:
andyh said:
Garuf said:

Andy

You know, Xmas moss is by far my fav moss! It amazing. Althou if i had sucess with it, fissidens would be close too.
Same as me, FIssidens and Xmas are both my favourites, they both have such distinctive looks. :thumbup:

I had weeping and loved that, taiwan is really nice too. Christmass just has something about it, it makes everything seem so natural and "right".

Andy, your still using the inline up diffuser right?... have you got it on the hose into or out of the filter? I'm thinking about putting mine on the hose into the filter.

nice vid, is that a crypt in the background with the reddish stem?

edit: read stuff I tell ya... Wenditti :oops: :shakefist: :grrrr:

Cheers

Chris

chump54 said:
Andy, your still using the inline up diffuser right?... have you got it on the hose into or out of the filter? I'm thinking about putting mine on the hose into the filter.

nice vid, is that a crypt in the background with the reddish stem?

edit: read stuff I tell ya... Wenditti :oops: :shakefist: :grrrr:

Cheers

Chris

Chris

Yes i am still using the UP atomizer inline, they should only be fitted on the outlet, the closer to the filter the better. They are v effective i have them on both my tanks.

Your right about the crypt :crazy:

regards
Andyh

Back