• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

More birds with a few rarer ones (Pic Heavy)

John Starkey

_MG_3548.jpg
(nuthatch)

_MG_3554.jpg
(male pheasant)

_MG_3561.jpg
(bull finch)

_MG_3565.jpg
(male chaffinch)

_MG_3574.jpg
(dunnock)

_MG_3624.jpg
(yellow hammer)

_MG_3660.jpg
(great tit)

_MG_3683.jpg
(female chaffinch)

_MG_3883.jpg
(female sparrow)

_MG_3923.jpg
(male sparrow)

_MG_4001.jpg
(great spotted woodpecker)

_MG_4003.jpg
(partridge)

_MG_4084.jpg
(mistle thrush)

_MG_4093.jpg
(and a greedy squirrel :lol: )

sorry there was so many,hope you liked them,
regards,
john.

blimey mate. Theres some birds their, i haven't seen in years!..... Bull finches!

Absolute quality images John! god bless L series glass eh?

saintly said:
blimey mate. Theres some birds their, i haven't seen in years!..... Bull finches!

Cheers Mark,the glass does make a difference,i took these with my 400 L with the 1x4 extender on giving me 560mm,
regards,
john.

LondonDragon said:
Great photos indeed, congrats John, makes me want to get a new DSLR with some L glass ;)

Thanks Paulo,do it mate you are only here once,
regards,
john.

John

could you pop off down the river seven and try to obtain a picture of a kingfisher - these a stunning and beautiful bird,

Thx & Regards
paul.

Flyfisherman said:
John

could you pop off down the river seven and try to obtain a picture of a kingfisher - these a stunning and beautiful bird,

Thx & Regards
paul.

Hi Paul,you must be a mind reader :lol: ,this is my list for this summer,i managed to get the nuthatch at cannock chase,i am after a kingfisher, i know a place near my home i just need to put in some hours waiting,and the other bird i want is a dipper,the river dove in derbyshire is noted for them,
regards,john.

rawr said:
Great photos :) I love bird photography.

Thanks Tom,bird photography is all about patience,and being ready for when they land because they are so quick,
regards,
john.

john starkey said:
saintly said:

Cheers Mark,the glass does make a difference,i took these with my 400 L with the 1x4 extender on giving me 560mm,
regards,
john.

Wow John that is some focal length! Great shots, I love your red kite shots as well :thumbup:

john starkey said:
...i took these with my 400 L with the 1x4 extender on giving me 560mm,
And you've a cropped sensor so you've an equivalent 560 x 1.6 = 896mm !! God bless the APS-C sensor for wildlife shooting!! lol

Wonderful shots mate. Really special.

Are these with tripod, John?

Does the teleconverter reduce the aperture?

George Farmer said:
john starkey said:
...i took these with my 400 L with the 1x4 extender on giving me 560mm,
And you've a cropped sensor so you've an equivalent 560 x 1.6 = 896mm !! God bless the APS-C sensor for wildlife shooting!! lol

Wonderful shots mate. Really special.

Are these with tripod, John?

Does the teleconverter reduce the aperture?

Hi George,thanks mate for the nice remarks,with the converter fitted the lowest f stop I can get is f/8,these were hand held and using a bean bag,
take care mate
John

Themuleous said:
The chaffinch photos is lovely, the moss on the wood adds a really nice touch to the composition as well :)

Sam

Thanks sam.

Back