• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Inline diffusers??

nry said:
Is the UP diffuser passive/non-powered then? Not particularly expensive and if it reduces the amount of CO2 needed due to efficiency it would save money long term.
Yep it acts like a massive stone on the filter tube, but you get a fine mist of bubbles in the tank, they are so tiny on mine that the water sometimes looked milky, once the CO2 was off the water was crispy clear, was just the amount of really tiny bubbles coming out of the spraybar.

Because of that I have opted for an Aquamedic 1000 inline reactor now, no more bubbles in the tank :)

The way I see it with these i if you've got your tank on your desk then the bubbles will annoy you. If it's in your Lounge and you're sat 2 metres away, you wont notice

I get loads of tiny bubbles anyhow with the Boyu diffuser, this works in the same way, a large 'stone' which the CO2 has to pass through under pressure to then hit the water flow and be taken into the tank. I doubt there's actually much difference beyond a slightly better build quality and perhaps a finer 'stone' in the middle.

alzak said:
Hi
Do you have any place in UK where can I get this diffuser?
Not that I am aware, whats wrong with ebay? Takes about two weeks to get here!

I just fitted an Up diffusor, and I have to say what a fantastic bit of kit. Pricey? Mine was very cheap compared to a glass one. Slow delivery? 1 week from HK, thats quicker than some of my uk suppliers can manage. Better product? Without a doubt.
Will definitely be keeping an eye out for other UP products.

The German lunapet power diffusers get better reviews and have 16mm barbs and cheaper.

oldwhitewood said:
I'd like to try one of these diffusers, there is a size listed as 8/12mm where does the 8 come in? Both the hoses from my filter are 12mm? Confused as to the what the 8 denotes?

Is the 8 the inner diameter of the tube?? I think it might be, not entirely sure though.

8 is the inner diameter. For much smaller filter units. for example eheim always put the internal and external diameters on their hoses. eg. 12/16 which is the normal small size, 16/22 for man sized filters (ahem) 8/12 for diddy ones. But the diddy ones are rare. No one wants a diddy one.

bcoldwine said:
8 is the inner diameter. For much smaller filter units. for example eheim always put the internal and external diameters on their hoses. eg. 12/16 which is the normal small size, 16/22 for man sized filters (ahem) 8/12 for diddy ones. But the diddy ones are rare. No one wants a diddy one.

Ah haaa right, so I should get a 12/16 then for my ecco. Sorted. Thanks.

Mine still haven't arrived, and neither has my refund. :( What pressure are you running with them? Is it true it has to be quiet high?

Garuf said:
Mine still haven't arrived, and neither has my refund. :( What pressure are you running with them? Is it true it has to be quiet high?
My diffuser method ran on a dispossable bottle, and some old gauges.
I now have new gauged and a refillable bottle.
At the moment its showing 1.8, and gives me adequate pressure, in fact looking in the tank, the whole tank is filled with tiny bubbles, far better distribution than with my old diffuser. Wish i had changed earlier.
Cheers

Back