• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

238l rescape, UPDATED 21st Oct

Re: 238l rescape 8 days in. new pic.

bigmatt said:
Brilliant use of open space! Nice to see a planted tank that isn't "bursting at the seams" with planting - really emphasises the quality of your planting! Bet your fishies love it!
LIke it lots!
Matt

The fish just dont know what to do, And as for my shrimp, They have a right old time in the sand.

Thanks for your comment. Means alot to have such comments after all my efforts and planning. :thumbup:

Re: 238l rescape PICS ADDED NOW!

chilled84 said:
feel the scape needs some real high growing and real bushy stems, But cannot decide. :crazy:

rotala is an easy species to maintain, and easy to create a dense thicket.

saintly said:
chilled84 said:
feel the scape needs some real high growing and real bushy stems, But cannot decide. :crazy:

rotala is an easy species to maintain, and easy to create a dense thicket.

I have tried and tried with rotala, I can just never get the right effect with that plant, It must be just me as everyone else has no problems lol

9 days in, Looking a bit tatty still, But what do you exspect.bolbitus just isnt playing and moss is takeing its time to settle in, Think im going to have to up ferts! Not quiet on fire like i want. Decided to goo for simple polysprema for the backround stems.

Cant have a front on shot as im hopeing to enter comp.

What you peeps reckon? :thumbup:

1013160.jpg

Looks amazing Chilled. Still no luck on fixing the tank?

Garuf said:
Looks amazing Chilled. Still no luck on fixing the tank?

I have made a temp metal brace over the top, But dont trust the way it attached, My father is off to glass merchant tomo to get me some 10mm glass cut to make new braces to silicone in between the pains. Hopefully then ill be able to fill her back up and start work.

Re: 238l rescape, 9 days in, New pic.

Excellent, remember to give it time to set and use aquarium grade silicone. I used window seal on the first run of my cube and it poisoned everything.

Garuf said:
Excellent, remember to give it time to set and use aquarium grade silicone. I used window seal on the first run of my cube and it poisoned everything.

Yeah im off to lfs to get some proper stuff, Plus its extra strength then, Basic diy silicone is to flexi aswell. I still need more manzi, lol, Only small bits thou, 10inch maxi. :crazy:

Had me worried for a second!! :lol: to be honest I've asked myself the same question....I have a good amount growing in a low tech nano with shrimp no co2, ferts once every 2 weeks, and not so much growing in my main high tech tank with plenty of ferts and co2 :?

Anyway really liking the scapes new look! got a nice sense of depth, great interest with the wood composition and nice plant choice and placement! :clap:

Keep it up mate it'll be looking great for the comp! :thumbup:

Excuse me for jumping in, just returned from many months away doing other things. Anyway, I was going to say that normal DIY silicon used for bathrooms etc has fungicides and other stuff added which is not good for livestock.

Cheers,
Graham

B7fec said:
Had me worried for a second!! :lol: to be honest I've asked myself the same question....I have a good amount growing in a low tech nano with shrimp no co2, ferts once every 2 weeks, and not so much growing in my main high tech tank with plenty of ferts and co2 :?

Anyway really liking the scapes new look! got a nice sense of depth, great interest with the wood composition and nice plant choice and placement! :clap:

Keep it up mate it'll be looking great for the comp! :thumbup:

cheers buddy, Its very strange what you are seeing happen with the moss. I know when moss is on fire for me as it has light yellow green tips wich indicate growth, Your batch is doing great for me so far, Unlike one batch wich turned out to be 60% java, And thats just gone a real pale colour and im finding it hard to revive it, Now i only have 40% of the moss i wanted(christmas moss), and my target for the christmas moss is 90% overall.

beeky said:
Excuse me for jumping in, just returned from many months away doing other things. Anyway, I was going to say that normal DIY silicon used for bathrooms etc has fungicides and other stuff added which is not good for livestock.

Cheers,
Graham

We have established that already, But ill mirror your thoughts :thumbup: As they are correct. :thumbup:

sorry to hear about the issues mate. It still looks sweet though :thumbup:

I WANT THAT WOOD BACK! :lol:

saintly said:
sorry to hear about the issues mate. It still looks sweet though :thumbup:

I WANT THAT WOOD BACK! :lol:

Well what we can do is trade wood when im finished, That way we wont have costs when we get bored! lol. I have decided just that im going to put the unfinsihed scape into the comp lol, even with the half filled tank lol. sod em! :lol:

haha do it, I think planter did that a few years back!

I had the same issue with the moss initially it's diatoms and general cack waft you hand through it and get out as much as you can with a siphon, trim it all back hard. Daily I found using a pippette and spraying fresh (from the tap) water through the moss a few times really helped to clean out any debris.

Back