• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BAE'S 766 gallon 9ft tank

nayr88 said:
This is such a beast! WOW! How much does a tank that size cost with sump?

If I had this itd be a jack dempsey heaven big roots and mass amounts of java fern.
Maybe you could get some pots fill with a flora base and plant into them.

What cichlid was you keeping!?

sevs ,oscars, and others like lima shovelnoses and a giant gourami wich arnt ciclids obv

sanj said:
How big! such a monster lol.

I couldnt get the same volume though. I make 9ftx3ftx3ft = 300cmx90cmx90cm = 2,430 litres/4.54 = 535 uk gallons or x1.2 = 642 US gallons. Either way its HUGE and i thought my new project will be big.

yep but my 200 us gal sump takes it up :thumbup:

Thats must of been a fun tank haha.

Water changes must of been a killer!!

To plant this I'd just get a bulk buy of mature ferns, and have them on/behind blouders along the back wall with loads of wood roots poking out all over the place, then plant some water sprite(don't know actual name) into pots and dot them around with the fern. They grew up across the water line in my 1st tank with no ferts or co2 or water changes just a desk lamp, if it would grown some vallis would look good, and something to grow infront of the boulders maybe some anubis ?? Have alook at the plants that diana walstad uses in her very low tech el natural scapes. Where no ferts are used and either sunlight or a simple desklamp is used. :thumbup:

BAE said:
yep but my 200 us gal sump takes it up :thumbup:

Ah, now it makes sense, i dont know why i did not think of the sump. :thumbup:

Water changes must of been a killer!!

If he uses a python or somthing similar or even a pump for changes its a doddle. I used a Python (simply a hose with a connector that attaches to a tap and creates a vacum sucking water out of the tank). This was on a 860 litre and all you do is get it started, 1/2 hour laster turn it off add dechlorinators to the tank if you wish, wait 20 mins or so for it to distribute through aquarium. Then change connection on python so that when you turn on tap water just flows into aquarium. Simples. :)

Would i be just plain lazy to use this on my 250 :twisted:

where can i get one? the amount of dechorinator it must take aswell! lol how often do you do water changes?

sorry about hijacking,

nayr88 said:
Would i be just plain lazy to use this on my 250 :twisted:

where can i get one? the amount of dechorinator it must take aswell! lol how often do you do water changes?

sorry about hijacking,

Should be able to, i got mine online a couple of years ago; Python No-Spill Clean and Fill. Or use a pump attached to hose, is faster. Then attach hose to tap and fill.

I use pond dechlorinators. The price charged for those packaged for aquarium use is a joke. I use Tetra Pond Aquasafe, the big green bottle treats 20,000 litres and costs about £20. You probably want to mix your dose of dechlorinator in some water and then add to your aquarium for smaller tanks.

Lovely tank..

I would just use Java Ferns, Anubias and some Crypts. I am not sure that C Balansae would grow without ferts, but if so, then it is a nice plant to keep on such a big tank.

Aren't the lights too much for such a tank?

ghostsword said:
Lovely tank..

I would just use Java Ferns, Anubias and some Crypts. I am not sure that C Balansae would grow without ferts, but if so, then it is a nice plant to keep on such a big tank.

Aren't the lights too much for such a tank?

I think it would depend how high he suspends them, but yes if only a few inches above the water line and without ferts and co2 i wonder. It is pretty deep though. If I were in the situation I would look to use a fertile subsrate, even pond soil capped with gravel.

well the lights will be 1ft-1.5ft above the tank and i think it will just be the right amount

Back