• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Shrimp and Ferts

In theory no. There's a lot of contention regarding it at the moment, same with liquid carbon but we don't know what else is going on in the tank that could be a possible cause for moralities before pointing the fingers at ferts straight away. I think as long as you adjust them slowly you'd be fine.

On the subject of liquid carbon I spot dose with it on certain affected areas of BBA, within 24hrs the BBA turns red in colour which my Amano shrimp seem to prefer to the rest of the algae and soon eat it. Assuming that the liquid carbon is consumed by the algae then by the shrimp is there a fear that they are ingesting the chemicals that are killing the BBA?

I have to add that it doesn't appear to bother the shrimp in any way the only noticeable effect I have seen is my Siamese algae eater seems to get very lethargic when I dose the LC and hang about in back corners at the bottom and only seems to liven up when I do a water change and stop dosing which could just be coincidence.

Back