• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BBA and CO2

johnny70

I have a Rio180, standard 2x30w Lighting, Juwel internal filter(1500lph), Fluval 305, Korolia 2 powerhead. DIY TPN+ from James website :) and easycarbo.

I have it medium planted with crypts, anubais, Hygrophillia, Echinodorus etc. I have some BBA on the slower growers. I have been dosing easycarbo and DIY TPN+ but I have invested in a new pressurised CO2 system for it. If I add the CO2 now, am I just going to create more BBA or will having the good levels of CO2, Ferts and Flow be enought to get rid of it. I don't want to start adding it if it going to get a lot worse :thumbdown:

Cheers,

JOHNNY

Squirt the easy carbo on the bba with the filters off and leave it for a while. It will die and start to go reddish and mysteriously becomes more palatable to ottos and RCS.

Getting CO2 and ferts in there will take care of the problem for good

Thanks,

So basically I can add the CO2 and ferts and dose with easycarbo? this will help combat the BBA..???

Thanks,
JOHNNY

Adding easy carbo and co2 will only help to keep the BBA away
BBA is caused by bad flow low co2 levels and amonia spikes deal
with all the above and BBA will be a thing of the past
easy carbo also works like an algicide in that it will kill algae
especially if you dose 3x the recomended dose
matt

spot dosing easy carbo will kill the BBA that is there already.

The BBA will most likely have been caused by fluctuating co2 levels. The pressurised co2 will help you sustain stable co2 levels thereby stopping the BBA coming back. I do not know if it will be any help in getting rid of the BBA that is there already. I suspect not.

After having developed tunnel vision and burns on my hands after using aqua carbon I do not advocate the use of liquid carbons. If you can remove the hardscape form the tank then pouring boiling water on it will also kill the BBA (but could also cause burns :lol: ). SAE's eat it as well.

Back