• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

lukes first riparium!

Ooo look out, the cussing fairy will tell you off!
What happened? Is it the filter or the tank?

lol, the filter, the clip which connects the piping to the external filter has a tiny little bit snapped off and water is leaked everywhere!

At least it's not the tank. I dropped a landscape rock and shattered the base of one of my tanks. Contact the maker asap and see if you can't get a replacement part.

filter is back up and running!!!

DSCF0214.jpg

DSCF0215.jpg

creeping jenny is growing everyday hope it flowers!

That creeping jenny looks great Luke. How is the palm doing? Can you tell if it is beginning to root yet?

If you can get a raft with plants in front of that peace lily in the middle it will help to cover up that planter.

Your water is nice and clean.

going to get another pilea tomorrow i think have one nano trellis left, the palm looks like its doing well cant tell if its rooting,

thanks!

I had a very similar looking palm sticking out of my big tank (rescued from a Christmas centre piece!) It did really well. Do you know how to get a peace lilly to flower? I've got one that's not flowered for about 4 years? T

im hoping mine does too! To be honest no! this one came already flower but has produced another two already!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I teste my water for the first time today

ammonia 0.25 ppm
PH 7.6
nitrite 0.25
nitrate 40

as the nitrate is high I have added some nitrate down hope this helps,

new pilea and floating plants

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot to add I have two new inhabitants, new panda cories.

So the fuana list now is,

3 panda cories (shoaling nicely!)
4 kitty tetras
male/female betta (plan on getting one or two more females)
and a brittles nose pleco
and four amano shrimp

that is what they was labeled up as in my local maidenhead aquatics

DSCF0225.jpg

That is looking great Luke. This is a lot like the mix of plants that I have going in a 55-gallon tank.

10-iv-10-tank-iii-m.jpg

Looking cool, a Betta paradise, the Hydrocotle you have planted underwater also works great as a carpeting emergent plant. How about a good amount of anubis underwater. Seems to do well in low light but high ferts enviroment? T

thanks hydro, and tbro anubius is a good idea but i dont want to over crowd the submerged section at the moment.

Update on new plant its a Houttuynia Cordata Plena ( Orange Plant ) or (rainbow chameleon plant) simmilar to the other chamelon plant I have already in the tank.

DSCF0232.jpg

tank shots as it is now

DSCF0235.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0240.jpg

That's looking great Luke. Your Lysimachia creeping jenny is doing much better than it ever did for me--I could never get that stuff to grow. I like that silvery Pilea that you have. I have seen pictures of that one before, but never yet found it in a shop.

Back