• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boraras Brigittae

Jake :D

Seedling
I was thinking of buying some Boraras Brigittae for a 35l aquarium.How many is a good number for that size?Is it a possibility they would breed( I could move the fry to another tank)? Thanks! :D

I did have 11, they were wierdly sensitive and died off quickly, but, also, get a sponge to cover your intake, they really are tiny little fish! I would say any number up to 20 should look good.

:thumbup:

Agree on the numbers.

Doubt they will breed unless you give them perfect conditions.
Mine conditioned nicely with blackwater conditions and lots of daphnia. Never bred though, or maybe they did and the eggs were eaten...

I have 15-20 in a 35l they are excllent fish never had any problems at all :thumbup:

A1matt you still got your big big shoal? o_O

Hi guys I've got 11 of these, I've had them about 5-6 weeks now and all they seem to do is hide. Does any one know why this could be?? They are in an 18 x 10 x 10 tank with plenty of plants, there is a quite a bit of flow, but I wouldn't say it is too much for them or do they like still water better?

Had about 15 died out over time slowly. Always hid though, think it's natural. Also Celestial Pearl Danios hide in the same tank.

Ive got 15 in my 30lt cube, but there are other fish in there too. You could easily get 20 in there, if my cube was a species tank, I'd probably have 20-25 as they look great in a shoal.

I've found them to be very hardy, not lost a single one yet. And that includes having a glass intake which I was certain they'd get 'stuck' to due to the power of the flow into glass intakes.

Sam

Haven't had any die yet, they just seem to hide al the time, don't even come out to feed really. No other fish in the tank, only other inhabitants are about 8 cherry shrimp

I added my group to the Barren tank a few weeks ago and they are doing very well. Always colored up nice and bright. Not doing anything Special, Minimal Flow, No Co2, No ferts Just a small water change once a week and fed on Hikari micro pellets and Daphnia.

Back