• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Platinum Tetra - Hemigrammus vorderwinkleri

murph

Does anyone have any links/pictures etc of a platinum tetra?

I was thinking of getting a shoal of 40 silvertip tetras but images on the web have them looking anywhere between silver and bronze. It seems that the males have a much more gold colour than the females.

Ideally I would like a silver coloured tetra, not too big (but not too small) that will give plenty of movement and interest to the tank.

stevie

here's a couple of images of platinum tetras. brilliant shoalers

2.jpg

3.jpg

A tank that was soon put to bed

7-1.jpg

Stunning pics saintly, great tank.

Whats their nature like? Are they aggressive at all?

their quit placid mate.

I never noticed any aggression in them what so ever. I'm considering putting them in my latest tank in stead of the scatty neons I have. :D

Superb, one last question saintly, how big do they get? I want a fai sized shoal of around 40 in my 260l.

60 would be amazing, I don't want to put to many in my tank so I though 40 would be a fair compramise?

Hi all,
I'm not sure these are Hemigrammus vorderwinkleri, I think they are the "Gold Tetra". H. rodwayi, which confusingly these are briliant silver (wild ones are gold), and are much confused in the trade with Platinum Tetra in the trade. If they are H. rodwayi (or H. volderwinkerleri) they are a stunning fish and relatively easy to care for.
cheers Darrel

They grow to a similar size as ember tetras ;)
I have 4 left that are over 3 years old :O
Started with 10 :(

Back