• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid carbon or pressurised for 30cm/1' cube?

JEK

Hi,

I've got a 30cm/1' wich I'm thinking og restarting. I found a lightning unit on 26w, wich I'm considering buying. Do you think it's neccesary with a pressurised CO2 system or could I just use Easycarbo?

I would really appreciate your opinions.:)

Thanks in advance.

Neither are necessary.
If you want the accelerated plant growth that adding extra carbon brings then pressurised is going to be more effective.
Also, IMO liquid carbons pose a health risk and are not safe for use.

a1Matt said:
Neither are necessary.
If you want the accelerated plant growth that adding extra carbon brings then pressurised is going to be more effective.
Also, IMO liquid carbons pose a health risk and are not safe for use.

Thanks for your answer.
But is'nt high lightning + no CO2 = algae?

Good point, I did not take in the wattage of light you were looking at using, sorry about that.

If you wanted to go low tech you could shade out some of the light with floating plants, that would probably balance things out nicely.

Or go high tech :)

I'm not against high tech, just do not think it is essential :)
(I am against liquid carbon though!)

a1Matt said:
Good point, I did not take in the wattage of light you were looking at using, sorry about that.

If you wanted to go low tech you could shade out some of the light with floating plants, that would probably balance things out nicely.

Or go high tech :)

I'm not against high tech, just do not think it is essential :)
(I am against liquid carbon though!)

I've been thinking of using less powerfull lightning and keep less demanding plants, but there are some light-demanding plants I'd like in the scape...
But I don't really want to spend so much money on the set-up so if I have to use pressurised, then I just go low-tech instead...

Back