• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Who's entering the IAPLC 2010 (ADA contest)?

Tonser said:
I assume this filesize refers to the opened file, rather than its compressed size ???

Tony
i blinkin hope not! Ive sent a full size image last night of 4.5Mb but i got an email back confirming my application had gone in. Whats everyone else done re image size?

Nice one, Mark. Your's will be one to watch in next year's contest!

stuworrall said:
cool, cheers George. My entry number was in the 1600's so maybe more. Sorry to hear about your big tank in the other thread :(
Cool! Let's hope there's a good turnout from the UK...

Is anyone going to predict what the UK top ranking will be this year? And who is going to get it?

I'm not sure if TGM are entering any of their displays, but Graeme Edward's and Andy Mack's would do very well, I'm certain.

George Farmer said:
Is anyone going to predict what the UK top ranking will be this year? And who is going to get it?

its hard to say when people don't post images of them. Its a crazy rule.

I wouldn't even have clue what zigs tank looks like.

it is a really soft rule. I just ends up that people are afraid to fully publish journals of our scapes. Ive got mine up but to be fair the final image looks really different to the ones already posted in my journal. Studio lighting mixed with MH rules :D

George Farmer said:
Im aiming for 1601 George :lol:

saintly said:

I think it really needs clarification too. To my mind its purely a copyright concern, as if the image you enter has been shown in any publication, and it is then successful in the comp, ADA could run into difficulty when they claim copyright as they state they do in the rules.

If that is the case then the "not published before" ruling only applies to the specific capture you enter, as copyright is always on an individual image basis, rather then the subject matter.

Tony

Tonser said:
If that is the case then the "not published before" ruling only applies to the specific capture you enter, as copyright is always on an individual image basis, rather then the subject matter.

now that's the way to do it I reckon. tell em tony! :D

Tonser said:
saintly said:

I think it really needs clarification too. To my mind its purely a copyright concern, as if the image you enter has been shown in any publication, and it is then successful in the comp, ADA could run into difficulty when they claim copyright as they state they do in the rules.

Tony
That's my thoughts too. As long as you don't enter a specific image that's been previously published, then I reckon you're safe. My first two ADA entries (2007, 2008) were actually published in PFK before entering - but they were such low ranking it wasn't even noticed, I assume.

Once you get in the Top 100, certainly the Top 27, then I guess you'd need to be more careful about what you publish.

But we do need clarification. Hopefully The Green Machine can contact ADA Japan and let us know for sure.

Its a bit of a drag alright the image thing but I bet they wont fully clarify it even if you do ask. What they want IMO is exclusivity for the contest rather than just copyright, the more images that are not published before the contest around the web gives the contest more exclusivity in a way and this is what they want really, the copyright thing is probably a red herring IMO.

Havent entered mine yet, probably do it later today.

Hmm.. how about setting up a private forum where the only members who are allowed access are those who have submitted their entries? Email confirmation from IAPLC would be the proof. This way the full tank shots won't be freely available.

flygja said:
Hmm.. how about setting up a private forum where the only members who are allowed access are those who have submitted their entries? Email confirmation from IAPLC would be the proof. This way the full tank shots won't be freely available.

but only the entrants would see the FTS no? still, the majority of people wouldn't see them, and for me, that's the whole point.

The hobby wont expand if some of the worlds best wont show their scapes to help inspire, due to 'rules'

so as it was mentioned earlier in the thread, as people who don't enter are being selfish, I think it's the other way around without the scaper even realising

zig said:
the more images that are not published before the contest around the web gives the contest more exclusivity in a way and this is what they want really, the copyright thing is probably a red herring IMO.

your probably right mate.

from what i've seen of tanks,
Samc should do ok,
zig is a favourite....even though we don't know what's being submitted
Tonser's one to watch.
there are others that should enter but probably wont or don't think there good enough but really are.
stus gumi should place high.

A stab in the dark I'm afraid.

Back