• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

a few questions.....

gollum456

right, after extensive reading i have....

bought fire extinguisher, bought Wave brand solenoid regulator, bought 2- in-1 bubble counter and check valve. not got round to drop checker yet, seen one i liked the look of but cant find it again. bought UP atomiser diffuser.

now the questions:-

1)the atomizer...does it have to be fixed to the cabinet or wall?
2)i am installing the atomizer on the intake of my fluval 405 canister as i think i read it will have even more time to diffuse as it goes through my canister filter.
3)am i right in assuming that by using the atomiser i am much less likely to get gas build up in the canister?

4)tubing....... can i use spare tubing from my air pump installation for the co2 from FE to diffuser? or does it need to be more rigid?
5)can i use standard hosepipe to connect in the in line atomizer diffuser to the intake pipes?

many thanks for ANY input!!

the up atomizer comes with a clip with suckers to fix to the outside of the tank.... but i do not see why it cant be free standing
it should be attached to the output side of the filter....think the main reason is so dirty water is not passing thru it clogging it up
if you do attach it to the intake you are injecting air through the external filter thus invalidating the guarantee of the filter
co2 tubing is meant to be higher quality as co2 erodes normal tubing and seals...another reason for not putting it thru the filter

Hi gollum
Fitting the atomiser is a personal choice,could be left in situ/ free standing its not that heavy.
I would fit to the outflow of the external.Cleaner water.
You could use air-line tubing but only temporary till you get proper C02 tubing.
Here http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/colombo ... -3919.html
You don't need tubing The atomiser comes in three sizes. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Co2-Atom ... 2a02961cd1
Cut the existing tubing to where the atomiser is to be located then add both ends on to the atomiser.
I like the point Steve mentioned about co2 corroding seals and tubing.
hoggie

the reason i asked about the hosepipe, (even though i now know it wont fit) is because my filter hoses are ribbed plastic with rubber on each end, like this:- http://www.arkpetsonline.co.uk/images/products/waf.jpg.
So i dont think i'll be able to simply cut the ribbed hosing and then expect a good seal on the diffuser...or can i?

thanks for comments so far :)

Hi
I don't think that you will get the proper seal on this hosing/tubing.
You may be able to attach the atomiser to a spray bar obviously before the outlet holes,just my thought.
hoggie

If the ribbed hosing's on a Fluval, you can replace it with normal smooth tubing that the atomiser would fit onto. You'd need to replace the inlet and outlets too though, as they're designed for ribbed hose and not smooth stuff. ;)

what do you mean by, "You'd need to replace the inlet and outlets too though, as they're designed for ribbed hose and not smooth stuff. "
if you mean what i think you mean,which is attaching the hoses to the intake and output then it shouldn't be a problem as the ribbed hoses have smooth rubber on each end.

The ribbed hosing has the smooth rubber on each end, and the inlet and outlets are designed to fit onto this. They won't fit onto the normal, smooth hosing that you'd be replacing the ribbed hosing with. Therefore, you'll need to buy some inlets and outlets that are designed to be used with the normal, smooth tubing such as those produced by Eheim or glass lily pipes.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. yeah, would just be too easy if it was a straight swap wouldn't it? lol

Back