• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Absolutely gutted

John Starkey

I popped into my local MA today to get some Colombo flora base,this the store I traded most of my fish to,I asked the guy how the redline torpedo barbs sold on,to my amazement he said they all died with 2 hours apart from one,to say I was gutted is an under statement,I adorded those fish and I am so angry with myself for stripping my big tank down,I was aware they do not travel well bit I only live 1/4 mile away,so if anyone thinks about trading fish in just give it more thought than I did,
regards,
john.

That's a sad story mate. :(

I wondered what killed them? I'd be surprised if they didn't acclimatise them properly in an appropriate quarantine tank.

Most fish are sensitive to sudden changes in water chemistry but I never realised Denisoni barbs were particularly susceptible.

I wouldn`t blame yourself too much, John. It`s not as if you didn`t give them to a reputable source. Personally, I doubt they acclimatised them properly for them to die that quickly.

Dave.

combine that with the sudden shock of ammonia etc and you got yourself a killer.

never helps when you see the acclimatising and some kid is banging on the glass!

I popped back in to the store today because i have been sat at home running this over in my mind,i asked the guy in charge if they acclimatised the the fish in quarratine tanks and he said on the day i took them in they had just taken a delivery of fish and they had no choice but to put them straight into the display tanks, :twisted: :twisted: ,if only they had told me i could have done the strip down another day,the only thing i can say in there defence is it is a very small store,but that doesnt make it right,

regards john.

Back