• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' @ 2 months

I love this tank Mark, great stuff :thumbup:

cheers chaps. The HC 'trimmy thing' isn't my idea at all. full credit to George on this.

It's reminiscent of Oliver knott HC too, like rolling hills. It's opened up a new world of ideas and may fit into my hardscape free tank which follows this one.

Even when eye level is at the base of the tank, you still get to see it rise towards to the back. :D

saintly said:
cheers chaps. The HC 'trimmy thing' isn't my idea at all. full credit to George on this.
Well, I can't take full credit either. I think I read something about Amano not liking to see plants right up against the glass (which goes against some of his earlier work).

Anyway, it works well, whoever's idea it was!

keymaker said:
I also remember Mr. Barr doing this some time ago:

I do recall seeing this keymaker, thanks man. oli knott, IMVHO grows the best HC i've seen on the nett.

if I could get as good as those guys, I'd be well happy! :D

keymaker said:
Oh, yes, he did this in only 43 days. 8)

wow! that's awesome! :wideyed: he's gots some major plant growing skills indeed! speed growing or what.

I aspire to be like that.

not quite Tom Barr or oli knott, :oops: but here's my HC after some great advice on pruning.

side.jpg

frontish.jpg

Show off :p gets better every time I see this post! When are you going to rescape my tank? Just bring all the materials needed and give me an invoice at the end haha :p

Amazing growth Mark,looks first class mate :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

I can truly not see the difference between your shots and the ones I quoted, Mate, simply amazing HC. Lush and healthy. I would suggest you try to use larger aperture values with your photography (if lighting would permit), we would like to admire the in-depth long-shots of your tank, with full focus on all that beauty.

saintly said:
grandb3rry said:
Nice tank! Really one of the bestest! :thumbup:

thanks mate :)

I took a pic of the HC after trimming it, but like a cock, i forgot you only get the impression of depth when level with the tank :shifty:

i think from the following image, you'll see it's kinda 'moundy' now.

before (after a trim BTW) it was a good inch up the glass

hc-trim-3-1.jpg

And after, trimming the inch down to the substrate. I'll need a side shot to show the incline, but you can just make out the 3d effect.

slope-2.jpg

Again, thanks to George :thumbup:

How do you trim HC? Wouldn't you end up with having a lot of leaf debris in ye tank? HC is gorgeous but trimming it makes me think twice, although end result is something out of this world! Rarely see something so stunning! I absolutely love it mate! You have officially balanced a natural layout and I'm proud of you dude! :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap:

Back