• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Minimum requirement for growing HC and Glosso

lil-lynx

Hello i was wounding what are the minimum requirement for growing both these low growing carpet plants ?

what one do you like better any why ?

any tips ?

Good co2 and good flow, can't have one without the other.
Why, they're vital for growth co2 is what the plant needs to produce it's energy and high levels of flow because the plant can't get to the carbon in the water if the water isn't overcoming the boundary effect of the leaves. Both are considered high light plants but if their co2 and flow needs are met both with grow in what most would consider medium levels of light.

ok thanks for the information, what's your personal favourite one ?

I've been pretty lucky with both. Glosso seems harder to kill.

I grow HC w/o CO2, and I've read many feedbacks on different forums from people doing the same.
High light and ferts are still a must.

Buyoant Almiger said:
I grow HC w/o CO2, and I've read many feedbacks on different forums from people doing the same.
High light and ferts are still a must.

Is high lighting and non CO2 compatible? Sounds dodgey in terms of algae. Unless ofcourse liquid carbon products are used?

I'd suggest you try growing both, and see what YOU prefer! I couldn't grow HC, but I found glosso grew no problem. Then a patch of HC I'd overlooked took off! They're very different plants - glosso leaves are possibly ten times bigger than HC.

Back