• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Has anyone used this plant supplier?

ghostsword said:
I just got a large order from them, and the plants are just amazing.. I got bunches instead of pots, but the quality is very good.

The one I am now after for my nano is Eriocaulon Cinereum / Ashy Pipewort, they seem to be the only shop selling it:
http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/eriocaulo ... -351-p.asp

They also got glassware.

http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/glass-ware-79-c.asp

Apparently this has now made it thru customs, and I'm hoping some will make it may way, this is the last plant on my order made before Easter. (Not a criticism, Tony has been in contact all the way)

I recieved my order yesterday and was pretty pleased.

I think the heat might have went for the vivipara as soon stems are a little translucent and not to healthy, hope they come good in the end.

have had a email two days ago said my order would be here thrusday or friday!!! plus i am waiting for some amazon frogbit from ebay!! i ordered some pymgy chain sword, never had luck with this but teying again now i have co2??more news later lol!!

My while batch of vivipara has total melted! It's rotting right in the tank. The other plants and moss are doing well but the vivipara has just went to mush. I dunno if it was the heat during delivery or what.

There's been a wee ammonia spike which I think might be a result of this and two shrimp dead tonight.

murph said:
My while batch of vivipara has total melted! It's rotting right in the tank. The other plants and moss are doing well but the vivipara has just went to mush. I dunno if it was the heat during delivery or what.

There's been a wee ammonia spike which I think might be a result of this and two shrimp dead tonight.
did you trim it before you planted it ?.i'm guessing you should trim to about 1cm like you would with parvula/acicularis.
i could be wrong :) .
or contact Tony.i'm sure he'll replace it ;) .

I trimmed it down to about an inch before planting, didnt help it. It smelled 'off' when it arrived anyway.

like I said before the rest of the plants were top drawer.

Nice to hear some good feedback from a UK plant supplier.

Constructive feedback on UKAPS about retailers' plants, shrimp, dry goods, service etc. is always welcome. However, this thread contains posts that break forum rules - see rule 10.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=4672

With this in mind I politely request that future business-related correspondences are done in private i.e. PM, email, telephone or via the retailer's own forum.

This isn't the first time this issue has been brought up - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10573&p=112847#p112847

Thanks for your co-operation.

I've used plantedtanks quite a few times now, and can highly recommend them. There prices are a fraction of any other e-tailer including ebay. Online time I had any issues, my order was backed up over a holiday period, and my Limnophila Aromatica arrived completely melted. However, when I emailed them they got back to me within an hour, and sent out new Limno for me. Really impressed, and I will be shopping with them only from now on. Plants for under a quid, and delivery for £2.50!! No where else can touch those prices.

Hi have used him often, not only for plants but for shrimps and substrates. He has now started to sell emmersed plants as well.

I don't know how he makes money from selling plants at under £2, but I am glad that he does sell them that cheap, very easy to try new setups without costing the earth.

For example, I bought 8 bunches of hairgrass and it was £8. Got so much hairgrass that I even placed some on the garden.

I'm planning on ordering with them tonight, does anyone know if their tweezers are any good? they look good, their just add water fertiliser looks good too, which appears to be formulated to James' DIY TPN+ recipe.

I have only bought plants from them, so cannot comment on the tweezers. The ferts, it they have all the nutrients are a good buy, but to use ferts you should use CO2 as well.

I have found out that planting materials is something that should be seen before buying: tweezers, scissors, etc.

Back