• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Which 1000lph filter?

bigmatt

Hey all,
After fidning that my Eheim 2234 (500lph) wasn't really up to the job in my 57l tank, i swapped it for a Fluval 303 (1000lph) that i got off good ol' eBay a while back. The improved flow is great - plants all over the tank moving much better - but it's noisy as hell. DOes anyone have any ideas about a good 1000lph filter at a reasonable cost that runs quietly? I have an MA near so was thinking about one of their own brand. Of course i'd love an Eheim professional but can't really run to that :)
Mnay thanks in advance
Matt

The superfish filters are really good, ehiem 2217 is a stalwart of the scene, I've never had a problem with my ex1200 but I know some people have.

Hi,

Same as Garuf, I've never had any serious problems with my TT EX1200's either. I'm now running 3 of these on different tanks.

OK there was an issue with the hose adapter unit leaking especially with the earlier ones before Tetra realised there was a manufacturing defect but its very easy to remedy if it does happen.

Regards, Chris.

quite a few people rate them. !!

i dont know how a UV is going to affect us in the planted side of the hobby? is it really needed?

Noise is a big issue for me cos my tank is next to my bed.

I have 2 Eheim 2224s running and they are pretty much silent.

R

Think i may have a dabble with the 2000l Sunsun - WAY oversized but it gives me more flow options. Do they have adjustable flow?
Stickleback - I liked my Eheim but they're so damn expensive! It's going to get transpnated to the garage. I've had formal permission from The Gaffer (wife) to turn it into a fish room! Big Whoop!
I may start a seperate thread specifically abou the Sunsun filters as i'd love to know people's experiences
Cheers!
Matt

I had a sunsun but took the impeller out and powered it externally for various complicated reasons. Anyway after a while I realised the seals were not working and the inlet was pretty much feeding straight in to the outlet. No filtering was taking place. It mar have been because I was overcranking it, but my gut feeling was that it was just cheap.

Also they are very shoddily made. Often when I took it out to clean the media the feet on the bottom were very sharp and I got a few really nasty cuts.

I am however still using an eheim 2224 that I bought for the same price and a year before on ebay with no problems.

Back