• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best CO2 Tubing??

mlherald

Hey Guys,

I just gone in from work and found that my diffuser seemed to be lacking in the CO2 department. So after checking a few things, in turns out that the tubing has perished between my non return valve and my diffuser (the portion inside the tank). This is supposedly CO2 specific tubing, my tank has only been running for approx 2 months! My question to you is:

1. Should it have perished so quickly?

2. How often do you guys change your tubing?

3. Have you got a 'prefered' tubing for pressurised CO2 injection?

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Regards,
Martin

Hi Martin, no if the tubing is genuine CO2 tube it should not have failed. Aqua Essentials one of our sponsors will sell you genuine tubing which I have used on two setups perfectly. There is a link to his site at the bottom of the site home page. Kind regards Colin.

Coiln3107 said:
Hi Martin, no if the tubing is genuine CO2 tube it should not have failed. Aqua Essentials one of our sponsors will sell you genuine tubing which I have used on two setups perfectly. There is a link to his site at the bottom of the site home page. Kind regards Colin.

Thanks Colin. I got my tubing from aquatic magic, and was advertised as genuine CO2 tube! So not happy :twisted: .

Hi,

I'm currently using the JBL CO2 tubing and haven't had any problems so far and to be honest I don't expect any, its been installed for well over a year now.

Regards, Chris.

Shadow said:
what do you mean by perished? the tube disolve?

I came home to a diffuser that wasn't producing many microbubbles, bearing in mind that its a rhinox 5000 and its set at around 2-3 bps. So took the diffuser out of the tank and cleaned it. After re-installing it in my aquarium, it stop producing bubbles from the diffuser completely, but I could hear a 'hissing' sound :wideyed: . I noticed that the CO2 was escaping from a hole in the tubing close to the water surface.

Basically, after closer inspection I noticed that the tubing had started cracking. When I bent the tube between my fingers it was cracking. Does that make sense?

Regards,
Martin

Basically, after closer inspection I noticed that the tubing had started cracking. When I bent the tube between my fingers it was cracking.

I've had exactly the same thing happen with Co2 tubing from Aquatic Magic. However, it is quite strange - it only happens when the tubing is submerged in my goldfish tank - it is fine emersed on all my four tanks, and is fine submerged in my shrimp tank. Very strange. However, I've just replaced the perishing stuff with Colombo Flora Grow co2 tubing and I've found it's doing the same thing when submerged in my goldfish tank. The water stats are the same in that tank as all the others - pure RO water remineralised, although the GH and KH is higher than all other tanks.

OK got it, though not sure what happen with your tube? Interesting part is it only happen to the tubing close to the water surface. would it be possible it cause by UV? I know UV cause plastic become brittle, unless mixed or coated with something to prevent it.

Shadow said:
OK got it, though not sure what happen with your tube? Interesting part is it only happen to the tubing close to the water surface. would it be possible it cause by UV? I know UV cause plastic become brittle, unless mixed or coated with something to prevent it.

No, it happened at the surface and at the connection with the diffuser. Brittle describes it very well! :thumbup:

amy4342 said:
Basically, after closer inspection I noticed that the tubing had started cracking. When I bent the tube between my fingers it was cracking.

I've had exactly the same thing happen with Co2 tubing from Aquatic Magic. However, it is quite strange - it only happens when the tubing is submerged in my goldfish tank - it is fine emersed on all my four tanks, and is fine submerged in my shrimp tank. Very strange. However, I've just replaced the perishing stuff with Colombo Flora Grow co2 tubing and I've found it's doing the same thing when submerged in my goldfish tank. The water stats are the same in that tank as all the others - pure RO water remineralised, although the GH and KH is higher than all other tanks.

And I've just bought some colombo flora grow tube as a replacement from Aqua Essentials, so will see how that goes. Although its seems it may not be any better Amy? :wideyed:

Regards
Martin

Back