• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

sams 60cm 'Pinnatifida Peak' (4.5 weeks)

Re: sams 60cm 'life in the undiscovered stones'

ilaymir said:
An Iwagumi lay-out example for those who wish to see..

Anyone.....anyone.....Bueller.....anyone....anyone ???

The scapes looking good Sam, and those plants are bargains indeed :) Keep the angles on the stones (not spirit level vertical like above :crazy: ) Maybe the two minor stones are too similarly placed in relation to the mainstone - just a thought :) Look forward to seeing it planted up.

Tony

thanks for the comments guys.

ilaymir. thanks for taking the time to show me how you would have it but i prefer the way it is for now :thumbup:

i am not actually sure i will plant this layout. i am thinking of doing a nature layout again. but this time planted better so it wont overgrow, like the crypts did last time. i will have a play with some manzi later as i have some nice pieces from the last scape. :D

i am really torn between nature and iwagumi. its driving me insane :twisted:

samc said:
Looks to me that you just need another tank :p

samc said:
Iwagumi is just a subgenre of the nature style so thats no problem. Just make it an iwagumi and you get both. ;) :D IMHO an Iwagumi would look best with the rocks you got. I do'nt think the character and shape of the rocks fits so well with a stemmed plant layout.

i took the stones out today and had a play with some manzi. i think its gonna be a nature scape :p

LondonDragon said:
Looks to me that you just need another tank

your right there :D i would love another setup the same.

JEK. i wont be using stones for the nature layout it will be manzi wood :D

samc said:
JEK. i wont be using stones for the nature layout it will be manzi wood :D
Ah, okay. Sorry, my bad. :oops: Looking forward to se your manzanita layout. :thumbup:

Re: sams 60cm iwagumi (new tropica plants)

samc said:
dsc03957bb.jpg
I really like this, Sam. WIth a good planting layout you don't need more stones and you certainly do not need to re-arrange them in a more vertical fashion as suggested by our resident photo manipulator.

Also nice to see you using the new Tropica species. I always find it really exciting using new plants; treading new ground. You're also doing so with the great stone layout.

Keep up the great work! :D

Putting rocks vertical does not make them unnatural.But this kind of designing needs some attention.
What important is visual speed,proportion,balance,unity and simplicity.

--------------------

Sam,

You are a nice curious person.I am quite sure you will do some very good works in the future.Just to give an idea.
I did two more scapes.

P.S: If you like I can give some plant advices suitable to those rocks.

Regards

ilaymir

opti1kopya.jpg

opti2kopya.jpg

Re: sams 60cm ?????

a change of plan :lol:

i decided to go with this layout. inspired again by a scape in the amano gallery. i will be having a small sand foreground which ill add tomorrow after another trip to the LFS. the scape which i am thinking of is this http://www.adana-usa.com/images/gallery02/7.jpg the middle one. not the best photo of it actually.

anyway back to the scape:

dsc03983np.jpg

i will be planting with the new tropica plants and acicularis and HC from plantedbox :D

yesterday i added the sand foreground. not 100% about it but i think when planted it will look better :D

it will be planted so that its an island type scape. the HC will go all the way to the back at the sides and the island will consist of hygrophila p, e parvula, lileo, round pelia and not sure weather to use needle java or bolbitus? i have both so i am not sure yet

dsc04012z.jpg

I can see where your going with this, but might i recomeend this aproach
fdge.jpg

:D
Liking the wood :)

mr. luke said:
I can see where your going with this, but might i recomeend this aproach
fdge.jpg

No, no, no. That's wrong. He should be placed following the golden rule. :D

The scape looks very good, Sam. :thumbup: Are you going to have moss on the wood? I think that would look great...

All hairgrass round the wood crypts in the middle wood part?

Looks good I'm sure it'll be another master piece.

Back