• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle nano refills

fish fodder

Hi guys,

I bought the complete dennerle and nano CO2 kit and now i need to find some refills. I know reptilica.co.uk sell them but i was waiting over a month which isnt great, Harrogate aquatic (which is 20 mins from me) had some but now dont and it will be 2-3 weeks for them getting them, Im aware that swell.co.uk sell dennerle stuff but again i have had problems with long waits from them.

Now, can i use any other bottles with the nano regulator? Im thinking possibly the columbo ones from AE or can i use an adaptor so that it fits regular sized bottles (which would be the best option) because it seems as though im going to have trouble finding a reliable regular source for the dennerle ones.

All help is much appreciated.

fish fodder said:
Thanks for help. :thumbup:
I think the lack of replies/help is an indication that no one knows the answer.

I have no experience with the Dennerle re-fills so don't know if the thread is compatible with another manufacturer, or if there are adaptors available.

One of my LFS, The Waterzoo are a Dennerle stockist. You could try phoning them - 01733 312142 and see if they have any in stock. They do mail-order but they're not listed on their site, but they may still have some.

I found Harrogate aquatics extremely rude and unhelpful when I last went and didn't seem to know much about what they sell recommending a co2 kit to someone who had hardwater and wanted to keep cardinals can hardly be called good advice from my experience.

This is also the issue with the hydor nano kit, it was difficult/impossible to find refills, when you did they were expensive and there wasn't any propriety canisters that could be used. I imagine Dennerle are in a similar situation.

I have the nano set up, i can tell you that the thread size is 5/8-18UNF, this also the size of the 88gram co2 cartridge found in a paintball gun.

I am looking for an adapter ot scharder valve to fit the thread to make them refillable.

I may have found an adapter that allows a refillable 500gram co2 bottle to fit the regulator. I will update later :)

Back