• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Celestial's Planted Tank - Update

Celestial

Hey UKAPS, I've been on the forum for a while but havent made much posts. I got my first ever fish tank 2 weeks ago after months of begging my mum for one. It is a planted Juwel Korall 60 and resides next to my bed.
Fish: 5 Celestial Pearl Danios, 1 German Blue Ram
Plants: 18" Collection from PlantsAlive:
Echinodorus Tennellus
Elodea Densa
Vallisneria Torta
Sagittaria Natans
Eleocharis Parvulus
Rotalla Indica
Bocapa Monnerii
Aponogetum Crispus.
Also, if someone could identify the plants that would be helpful. Thanks :)

fishtank2.jpg

fishtanke.jpg

Re: My First Ever Fish Tank/Planted Tank

Echinodorus Tennellus - Front right
Elodea Densa - Far left
Vallisneria Torta - Second left
Sagittaria Natans - Front centre
Eleocharis Parvulus - Can't see it (possibly front right?)
Rotalla Indica - Mid Centre the red one
Bocapa Monnerii - Mid right the tall stem plant with the small leaves
Aponogetum Crispus. - Far right back had wavy leaves

That will look good when it fills out

Colinlp said:
Echinodorus Tennellus - Front right
Elodea Densa - Far left
Vallisneria Torta - Second left
Sagittaria Natans - Front centre
Eleocharis Parvulus - Can't see it (possibly front right?)
Rotalla Indica - Mid Centre the red one
Bocapa Monnerii - Mid right the tall stem plant with the small leaves
Aponogetum Crispus. - Far right back had wavy leaves

That will look good when it fills out

SteveUK said:
Great start :) Could do with something else on the left side. Maybe some crypts?
Thankyou and yes I am going to my LFS on Saturday to get some more plants.

Celestial's Planted Tank

Just rescaped the tank because I was bored :lol: Some plants died, Elodea Densa, Vallisneria and the two stem plants which names I can't recall at this moment, think one may have been Rotala something. Will add pics shortly. :)

Thanks, Celestial.

Nice one, Celestial, let's see those piccies! I planted up my first ever tank in November - at the age of 50! - so it's never to late (or too early) to start.

Celestial's Planted Tank - New Pics Added

Heres the pics, in the one of the crypts you can see that I am unfortunately suffering with some algae, but here they are:
p1050866a.jpg

p1050868w.jpg

p1050887k.jpg

Crypts:

p1050882l.jpg

In and around the rocks I will be tieing some riccia down to add to the greenery. Please critisize and say what can be done to make it better ;)

Re: Celestial's Planted Tank - New Pics Added

I like the crypts, dont be horrified if they look like there dying after a week, crypts sometimes do that then grow back after they have adjusted to the conditions, yours may not. But, all mine have suffered this then recovered well.
Good luck
bel

bcoldwine said:
I like the crypts, dont be horrified if they look like there dying after a week, crypts sometimes do that then grow back after they have adjusted to the conditions, yours may not. But, all mine have suffered this then recovered well.
Good luck
bel

Thankyou :) I've had the crypts for about a month now and have been doing fine, I have 5 growth tabs where they are planted and add ferts weekly (5ml JBL Ferropol), so hopefully they'll stay strong :lol:

Thanks, Celestial.

I like the rocks and the rock work :D Maybe place a few crypts there maybe?

Well that told me! :lol:
I'm glad, must be just me that kills everything then.
The best part is always waiting for it to all grow in and come together how you imagined it. For me anyway. Keep us updated on your progress.
thanks
bel

Juwel Korall?? First I've seen this tank.
How is the filter? Can you take it out or is it stuck in there. Looks like the same design as they are putting in their upcoming nano.
Nice tank btw.

Yes, a Juwel Korral :) Yeah you can take out the filter, change/clean the sponge. If the wire isn't placed how it likes it though it does make a lot of noise :( And thankyou :)
I have decided that tomorrow I will add more gravel to create a higher slope.

Thanks, Celestial.

I have rescaped this tank, but only have the crypts and the Aponogetum Crispus left, I'll add the pics in the morning

Thanks, Celestial

Re: Celestial's Planted Tank

Here it is, sorry about the photo :oops: and as you can see I only have the crispus and crypts leftleft, but I'm planning on adding some moss and other plants.

p1060143c.jpg

What a pretty tank. I'd be inclined to plant a tonne of moss around the stones and replace the foreground with some sand where it's not planted. What ever direction you take it you should be proud, it's very nice.

Thanks Garuf, yes I will add some moss in the future, but how would I add the new sand into the tank? Would I remove the substrate at the front and then use the plastic to keep the substrate in place?

Thanks, Celestial

I added a bunch of Vallisneria Tortifolia, Amazon Sword and Cabomba ??, I'm quite happy with the outcome as I feel the tank is more complete now. The CPD's seem to enjoy swimming in and out of the cabomba :lol: Any criticism wuold be helpful :)
My ram harassing my poor corydora:
p1060167g.jpg

FTS:
p1060183p.jpg

Thanks, Celestial

Personally I'd ditch the big sword, they're real bullies once settled an are much too large for almost every tank.

Scape wise I'd bunch all the plants into the left hand corner and set the scape up as a triangle scape.
aquascaping_4.jpg

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

thats nice broooooseph

i agree with Garuf, also get your self loooooads of bits of thin small slate and riccia or moss out the whole foreground :D would look wicked!!

keep it up

Back