• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's 190l Lounge tank (update 20-09-11)

Re: Andyh's New 190l Lounge tank

Re the scape in your pictures, i think it lacks balance and i'd like you to re-scape it to something i like better :lol: ;) (I think your wood storage may go unoticed unlike when mine didnt!)
EDIT: damn, beaten to it by Garuf!

nice one though andy, thats some nice parcels to be opening in one day :D Im sure your new scape will be top dollar

A fine day of deliveries Andy. The tank and cabinet look beautiful, and thats some great wood in there too :) I've got the 2075 eheims and love em - they are brilliant. Just dont use all of the media they send you - it'll slow down the flow too much.

I do love a journal that gets through a good number of pages before any planting happens - it shows a lot of thought and planning is going on, and lets the excitement build before the masterpiece is 'unveiled' :)

Cheers

Tony

George Farmer said:
Garuf said:
The wood on the right should be 3cm to the left. Other than that it's really nice.
:lol: Brilliant! I'm not even sure if you're being serious. :D

Love the wood and layout, different to the usual 'poking up out of rock syndrome' (PUORS) :lol:

Oi! My scape's a PUORS!

Haha, I used to post on Aquaticplantcentral quiet a bit and used to read "should be 5mm to the right" all the time. Seriously though Andy, I really think you could turn that wood into a scape without moving a thing.

Garuf said:
The wood on the right should be 3cm to the left. Other than that it's really nice.
The woods great, You'll love scaping with it, I have done. It's really versatile as it's easier to cobble forms together with than Redmoor is.
I knew somebody wouldn't be able to resist ! :twisted: :lol:
Yes i used a small amount a previous scape, easy to work with and looks natural.

George Farmer said:
Garuf said:
:lol: Brilliant! I'm not even sure if you're being serious. :D
Love the wood and layout, different to the usual 'poking up out of rock syndrome' (PUORS) :lol:
Well thats the PUORS out of the window, back to the drawing board! :geek:
stuworrall said:
Re the scape in your pictures, i think it lacks balance and i'd like you to re-scape it to something i like better :lol: ;) (I think your wood storage may go unoticed unlike when mine didnt!)
EDIT: damn, beaten to it by Garuf!
nice one though andy, thats some nice parcels to be opening in one day :D Im sure your new scape will be top dollar
Shut it! Cheeky bugger!
Thanks for your kind comments! ;)
Tonser said:
A fine day of deliveries Andy. The tank and cabinet look beautiful, and thats some great wood in there too :) I've got the 2075 eheims and love em - they are brilliant. Just dont use all of the media they send you - it'll slow down the flow too much.
I do love a journal that gets through a good number of pages before any planting happens - it shows a lot of thought and planning is going on, and lets the excitement build before the masterpiece is 'unveiled' :)
Cheers Tony
Yes i do like receiving parcels! The wood is excellent!
I have always used eheims, as with many things you get what you pay for. Thanks for the advice on the 2075 :geek: :thumbup: . Yes my journals do always seem to have a large "setting the scene" section. Not sure if thats good or not!
Now with regards to the masterpiece! Thanks to your masterpiece you have raised the bar somewhat! o_O :D
Garuf said:
Seriously though Andy, I really think you could turn that wood into a scape without moving a thing.
Yeah i know what you mean, but bet i cant recreate it when the substrate goes in! :lol:

JamesM said:
Pour the substrate around it! I think it looks killer! :D
James - you pulling my leg?

So finally i have a free weekend coming up! Nursery will be finsihed by the weekend so gives me loads of time to start scaping! I have ordered a black background for the tank, (thanks Tonser for the advice!) which i will fit and them move to tank into its permanent position in the corner.

Then the ADA powersand Special and Amazonia in and then the scaping begins! :D Not excited at all!!

Hi Andy,you have got some great gear to play with,looking forward to what you come up with planting wise,hydrocotyle seems to be in vogue at the moment,
regards,
john.

wow andy you got some nice toys there.

if this turns out even half as good as your other layouts it will be awesome!

subscribed!

wow, what a delivery! a 2ft long piece of ohko stone :woot: get some pictures of the stone up.

oh and by the way im not jealous one bit.......... :shifty: haha. keep up the good work,

bogwood said:
Well andy the weekend has arrived, i hope your working on the tank, and not drinking JDs and watching the football.
Maybe the jd bit but not the football, couldn't even tell u who was playing!

Starting the tank later, few more bits arrived in the post today!

The wait for my ADA Metal Halide is killing me, its more than likely not going to be here for another 4-6 weeks. So in order for me to keep my sanity in tact, i have ordered an cable hanging kit for my Arcadia Luminaire (60cm 4 x T5). This means i can get the light installed and at least get my tank scaped/planted and growing. Then once the ADA MH arrives i can then hang it. This light should provide enough light to get things going, i need to get things going as in within 6 weeks the baby will arrive and i am assured that i will have no time to myself o_O

I plan to attach a wooden baton to the ceiling to make life easier for attaching the light units, so that will be my first task this week.

The black background hasnt arrived yet, hoping it will do early next week. Then i can move the tank into its final place.
My new larger diameter UP atmoizer arrived yesterday so thats ready to be installed inline on the Eheim 2075. I am actually planning on running two CO2 systems on this tank, one on each of the filters. (other being my 2324 thermo)

Whilst talking about the Eheim 2075 i have to mention the quality of this unit, its quite simply one of the best looking externals i have owned and the design and specification is awesome. The canister volume is 9l and holds 6l of media. The Top of canister prefilter securely traps the larger dirt particles, which in my opinion significantly increasing maintenance intervals of the biomedia as the dirt and shrimps get trapped at the top level, which should make cleaning a lot easier :thumbup:

I cant tell you how hard it is having a 90cm tank sat in your lounge, and not tinkering with it non stop!!!!!! :crazy:

sorry to hear that you still have to wait for the lamp. :(

andyh said:
My new larger diameter UP atmoizer arrived yesterday so thats ready to be installed inline on the Eheim 2075

Used the 17 pipe diameter version of the UP Atomizer @My Private Island 240 liter tank. Produce more than enough CO2 than i needed... with a lots of extra bubbles which i am not so happy about, but that's a different story.
But i also have 2 atomizer and only one was mounted and was sufficent.

2075 is a great filter. Under my tank i have an Eheim 2028, and the Eheim 2075. 2028 drive the atomizer, but 2075 is much more powerful. So you will have a great filter on your new tank. :thumbup:

Can not wait to see this setup. :angelic:

Re: Andyh's New 190l Lounge tank (Its begun!)

So finally i have all the bits and some time to do it!!!
NB; the wood is just thrown in and not scaped! :geek:
So number one, applied the black background. Thanks Tonser for the recommendation. :thumbup: Its good stuff.
web.jpg

Two; As discussed i am fitting my arcadia luminaire as a temporary option until my metal halide arrives in about 4-5 weeks. I purchased a cable kit to hang it, and it was quite easy from that point. I used my joist detector and luckily had one running exactly where i needed it.
web.jpg

Light hung, just need to trim the steel cables once i decide on a height. The arcadia adjusting kit is so clever!
web.jpg

I have to say i am really impressed with the way it looks even with a 60cm light over a 90cm tank :D

Also bit more equipment arrived this morning from TGM. My first ever Glassware! I have been impressed with look and feel of the Cal Aqua stuff, so purchased their 17mm intake and return to go with my Eheim 2075.
Ooooo Sexy! o_O (yes i know i need to get out more!)
web.jpg

The intake has lots of slots at different levels so should not provide any restriction in flow.
web.jpg

So next job now......where did i put that substrate and hardscape............................. :geek:

I'm surprised you didn't get the Do! Aqua lily jet, it does look excellent though. I'm certain your scape will be twice as good as the equipment.

Nice to see things starting to happen, somthing to show for all the ££££££££££££££££££££££. :clap:
Very fortunate your joist was in the right position, and i agree the suspension kit looks very neat.

The glassware is well cool, should go well with your GREEN EHEIM PIPING :lol: Only joking Andy, im sure you already have a alternative planned.

Back