• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' @ 10 weeks

that looks fantastic :D .

don't mean to take liberties :oops: but any chance of a closeup pic of your UM.
i find mine always looks very untidy no matter how much i trim it.

nelson said:
don't mean to take liberties :oops: but any chance of a closeup pic of your UM.
i find mine always looks very untidy no matter how much i trim it.

when it recovers i will. After any trimming, what's beneath, always looks a bit sickly until the new crowns develop. 8)

Its not like you haven't heard it before Mark but the tank just keeps getting better :)
Shame you too far for a visit, would love to see this on in the flesh, congrats :)

Stunning! :wideyed:

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming' @ 9 weeks

saintly said:
sanj said:
You know its lovely, lush and healthy...BUT what is Savannah? I never really thought about it, but now im going to be a*n*l because im in that mood... :twisted:

Savannah means golden; its Sanskrit root and hence golden Savannah grasslands. But this is lush green edge of forest. Maybe its Savannah after the rains. Yeah anyway, it doesnt matter ofcourse. :p

i try sometimes to name the tank from the opposite side to reality. The 'dreaming' part is a savannah, dreaming of being green.

same with my 'miracle mire' tank. A mire isn't nice, but then a miracle happens.

Ah ok. :)

cheers chaps :thumbup:

I've had to change a few things.If i'm to keep this tank for another 8 weeks, the lighting needed to be changed.

My lighting, I thought was @ 7 hours a day. I then looked and found it was on for 8.(just 2 x 54wt5)

I've now gradually lowered that to 6 hours per day and lowered the intensity by raising the lighting unit slightly.

well, as promised another trim of HC. Boy this tank is challenging.

trim after trim after trim.I'm also not happy with the layout. stem choice, placement and so on. I'll see it through, but I cant wait for the next tank. :shh:

here's after the HC trim tonight.

trim-6.jpg

Mark

tank is looking cool, whilst you say its a lot of work its definitely worth it!

How about a full tank HD movie? Come on you know you want to!

Andyh

andyh said:
How about a full tank HD movie? Come on you know you want to!

I do mat, but it's finding time at the moment. :?

viktorlantos said:
Could be a huge work to trim it this way. How is your arm? :D

it hurts :lol: being right handed, the left side is easy. The right side is a pain.

samc said:
have you tried a white background? just the wall?

just for you mate. :angelic:

wb.jpg

cheers fellas. It's not often I use the white. The black makes the greens more vivid.

remember guys, all of the stems have no crowns currently so it should improve in a few weeks. I do prefer just trimmed hc though...much tighter looking.

here's how the crypt looks.

crypt-2.jpg

guys, thanks so much for the nice words :thumbup:

blimey :lol: looking this morning at the wood above the water line, i thought something was stuck to it. Mushrooms! :lol: 2 of them. spores maybe? from the states?

thats a first for me too. Very strange. Maybe will should start growing mushrooms on are wood :lol:

Back