• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nelson's 200ltr

Nelson

tank:200ltr
lights:4x39w T5
filters:JBL E1500 and eheim 2224
substrate:akadama,play sand capped with zambezi sand,graded gravel
ferts:E.I.
co2:pressurized
hardscape:lava rock

have been playing around with the lava rock for a bit now and have settled for this layout.
ignore the planting as its just temporary.

picture038g.jpg
left side
picture039y.jpg
right side
picture040p.jpg

all comments welcome ;) .

Last edited:
Thats some great Rockwork Nelson!

Its nice to see something different, the colour of the lava rock against the green plants makes a nice contrast.
Also like the graded gravels!

Andyh

Hi Neil,

Thats some great rock work mate! The hardscape looks brilliant and like Andyh I agree it's nice to see something different regarding the Lava rock.....nice contrasts with the sand and the green of the plants will really stand out once grown! Keep up the excellent work!

P.S I think you've done a good job on the sand........not far off the mark mate ;)
Cheers Ben

Really nice. good use lava rock, which isn't used very often. The long plant at the back, what is it?

andyh said:
Thats some great Rockwork Nelson!

Its nice to see something different, the colour of the lava rock against the green plants makes a nice contrast.
Also like the graded gravels!

Andyh
cheers Andy.
saintly said:
thats amazing!
cheers Mark.
this will be my "learning to trim stems tank".
after my lava outcrop attempt i realise i've so much to learn.
Krish's Bettas said:
Nice use of lava rock, you show how to use it in the best way. Sorry if that dont make sence :lol:
cheers.
i think it makes sense :D .
B7fec said:
Hi Neil,

Thats some great rock work mate! The hardscape looks brilliant and like Andyh I agree it's nice to see something different regarding the Lava rock.....nice contrasts with the sand and the green of the plants will really stand out once grown! Keep up the excellent work!

P.S I think you've done a good job on the sand........not far off the mark mate ;)
Cheers Ben
cheers Ben,
and thank you ;) .
jay said:
Really nice. good use lava rock, which isn't used very often. The long plant at the back, what is it?
cheers Jay.
its Potamogeton octandrus.
JamesM said:
Told you your rock work was awesome bud, and this is another fine example :D
cheers James.
just need to learn how to grow plants now :D .

have been really struggling with plant choice for this.
but chatting with Rik(mlgt) last night have decided on these.

Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba''
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Pogostemon stellata (Eusteralis)
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala wallichii

i'm also going to try some Tonina Fluviatilis.
i've got some Potamogeton octandrus in there already but its not doing too well at the moment.

cheers chilled :D .
sorry though,the island is now gone :( .couldn't get on with it.

sorry,this never really took off and is a mess.i was lacking in motivation at the time.
got a massive outbreak of staghorn algae.probably from the rescape and disturbing the substrate=not enough WC's :oops: .
got rid of the staghorn only to be followed by BBA and hair algae.i never managed to get the co2/flow right.
then ran out of co2 and never bothered after that.
just a holding tank for my fish and shrimp now until they go in my new tank.

Back