• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

which lighting for a possible new tank?

hi, i've reconsidered now, and i'm going to get a longer tank (probably the same dimensions of yours Andy, but possibly a little bit shorter and a little bit deeper). would i need two lights? the tank will be about 35l, and about 40-50cm (L) x 25-35cm (D) x 30cm (H). (it will either be 50cm (L) x 25cm(D) or 40cm (L) x 35cm (D), it won't be 40cm x 25cm, or 50cm x 35cm).

i'm going to get the superfish ones, and i'm thinking maybe 2x 11w ones? what do you think? and would i still only need a 50w heater?

cheers :D

pest control said:
hi, i've reconsidered now, and i'm going to get a longer tank (probably the same dimensions of yours Andy, but possibly a little bit shorter and a little bit deeper). would i need two lights? the tank will be about 35l, and about 40-50cm (L) x 25-35cm (D) x 30cm (H). (it will either be 50cm (L) x 25cm(D) or 40cm (L) x 35cm (D), it won't be 40cm x 25cm, or 50cm x 35cm).

i'm going to get the superfish ones, and i'm thinking maybe 2x 11w ones? what do you think? and would i still only need a 50w heater?

cheers :D

I run two 18w lights on my tank which is very similar in size, not because i need too but because i choose too. I like the higher light levels but this then presents extra challenges, more CO2 and more nutrients. I would say start with one light and see how you get on, you can always buy another should you need too. With regards to the heater most manufacturers suggest that a 50w can handle up to about 50l aquarium, so you should be ok.

Hope this helps?

Back