• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Metal Halide vs T5HO ?

lil-lynx

Hello what one would you recommend ? . Im looking at a high tec planted aquarium but not sure weather to go for a single 150w mh or 4x39w T5HO it will be on a 3 foot aquarium. will 150w mh be sufficient. ?

Hey, i have just recently had the same debate, i have chosen the MH for my 90cm.

In answer to your question will it be enough, yes several members on here alone have had great success with a 150w MH above a 90cm.

what kelvin bulb would you recommend for plant growth ? but then i want it the best for viewing purpose ?

Kelvin rating for me is a personel choice, as you can grow plants under most lights no matter the kelvin rating (ask Clive/Ceg4048 to explain that thing about photons/the matrix etc) :geek:

I perosnally am going for one around about the 8000k mark as i dont like the colour rendition that the 5000k rated bulbs give, i much prefer the whiter lights rather than the yellow/red ones.

hope this makes sense.

o nice yes im like you then I prefer I nice clean white light :) may I ask what MH you have ?

lil-lynx said:
o nice yes im like you then I prefer I nice clean white light :) may I ask what MH you have ?

Yes i am waiting to take delivery in 4-6weeks an ADA Solar I with NA-Green bulb

Back