• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

the boc

danmil3s

does any one know where i can get a price list for them i phoned about a large cylinder but think ill have to get the smaller one 99kg is to big to pick up and when ive had it delivered i might as well keep using FEs thanks

you'll need an account to get prices.They may supply you with estimate prices, but it depends on how much gas you buy of them as to what price you'll receive.

saintly said:
you'll need an account to get prices.They may supply you with estimate prices, but it depends on how much gas you buy of them as to what price you'll receive.

when i was looking i just rang and they told me prices over the phone? if i remember right £50 yearly rental about £17 refill for 3ft bottle

try gascylindersuk.co.uk they deliver and arrange to get it filled by someone near you

thanks guys i think ill open account next week there huge cylinder was £89 ppa £35 per fill £40 deliverd if i could pick it up not to bad for 35kg of gas just to big to move

danmil3s said:
when i start an account do i just make up a company name

didnt seem to need a company name when i enquired told them what i was going to use it for as well

they asked for a company name on the on line form ill just make one up if i have to dans company or dans tank will do im going to see if i can go down there local agent on Saturday and sort it all out must be cheaper and easer in the long run paying £10 a cylinder at the moment for 2 and 5kgs

just opened an account they only do 6 kg and 35 kg bottles now. so ive got the 6, works out ant about £4 a kg so not cheaper although easier. so ive done the maths and next time im going to get them to deliver the 35 kg bottle its 99 kg gross so ill need delivery but still only £2 ish a kilo. im assuming ill be able to pipe the co2 10m from bottle to tank

so i got the 35 kg they wont deliver to a domestic property so me and a mate picked it up not that hard just need to get the co2 hose now. makes my tank look small
17072010109.jpg

:D crazy
What's size Yours tank ? So big baloon :D From picture looks approx. same as my Rio400.
I paid on deposit-refundable 35 pounds 7lb bottle fully filled and refill cost 10, no any rent and this bottle last enough.
And 7lb bottle You can mask under tank.

Regards,

its a 750l running 1.7wpg the bottle rental is about £100 per year and £35 for a re fill so £1 per kg ish dont think it can be got cheaper saves going to the shop every 3 weeks as well

750L Ohhh, huge maintenance, i wanna too so big but pass if not fully automated water supply :D

P.S. Remove and forget Yours bubble counter, think about ph meter or controller

Good Luck and Best Regards

danmil3s said:
so i got the 35 kg they wont deliver to a domestic property so me and a mate picked it up not that hard just need to get the co2 hose now. makes my tank look small
17072010109.jpg

Hi

I hope you are going the fit a safety chain around the bottle which is anchored to the "WALL".

Regards
paul.

I wonder what my wife would say if I brought that home! :lol:... 'really adds to the 'minimalist' look darling'....or...'everyone will want one soon right?'

arty said:
750L Ohhh, huge maintenance, i wanna too so big but pass if not fully automated water supply :D

P.S. Remove and forget Yours bubble counter, think about ph meter or controller
to change the water i drip in filtered water to the sump and bin off the over flow and every few weeks like today i clean the gravel with a syphon
i cant really cant count the bubbles its just there so i know its ruining up till yesterday was using 2kg and 6kg bottles so they didn't last long i wont be using a ph controller i had one but gave me BBA algae issues si so im selling it

Flyfisherman said:
I hope you are going the fit a safety chain around the bottle which is anchored to the "WALL".
it wont be staying there its going under the stairs (and ill be painting the hood to match the stand) just need 15m of hose and i will anchor it but its so heavy you'd have to want to knock it over

saintly said:
I wonder what my wife would say if I brought that home!
shes used to me bringing home stuff from work and she likes any thing that saves her money

"i wont be using a ph controller i had one but gave me BBA algae issues si so im selling it "

Your BBA i think is due poor flow or some other factors. PH controller is great tool for so big capacity tanks, i don't see other good co2 controll option for so big tank. Hard setup but If properly adjusted controller, flow e.g. then in daytime Yours co2 supply always on, no one off period and only in night time goes some times off when reach lower point.

Best Regards,

i have a solenoid that turns the gas off at night having it on all day seems to work best like i said i had a ph controller stopped using it there loads of hassle as well no need to over complicate things

danmil3s said:
i have a solenoid that turns the gas off at night having it on all day seems to work best like i said i had a ph controller stopped using it there loads of hassle as well no need to over complicate things

Also true ;)
Post yours pictures later from setup and all progress.

Good Luck !

Back