• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are these the same?

It is the same compound, difference is in salt purity. Gardening K2SO4 is often not pure and contains up to few percent contaminants like other salts, dust, grains of sand etc.

Hi Piece-of-fish
Piece-of-fish said:
do you think i could use that in aquarium.
Don't see why not.
Plants are not these fussy things that worry about purity etc. as long as it contains what you're after, that should be good enough.
My MgSO4 came from a garden centre :rolleyes: and hasn't done my plants or fish any harm.

I worry about the fish and inverts more, plants should be fine. There is the only way to find out i suppose...

Your fish will not care that you purchased your K2SO4 from Garden Direct. Only your wallet will care.

Cheers,

Piece-of-fish

I have used K2SO4 from Garden Direct in the past and I didn't experienced any troubles with plants or fish/shrimps.
Because of impurities in the salt it will not dissolve competely. If it bothers you than just leave solution for 15-20 minutes and all other stuff will sediment at the bottom. Pour solution to other bottle and leave sediment in the first one.

Back