• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New 80cm re-scape pics (16/06/10)

jay

Well its been a while since i posted any evidence of aquascaping.
Had a 4ft tank a while ago which you can see here:

http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2956

and here:

http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4195

The 120cm tank went a little wrong with a co2 related mass murder of a large amount of fish.
decided to strip it down and i didnt bother with a tank for a while.
I had an 80cm Fluval Roma stored away and long story short... took off the hood added a 2 x 24watt luminaire with suspension set and got 'scaping.
The sudden urge to start a new tank was because i finally found a good shoal (8) of my favourite fish...
IMG_0206.jpg

Puntius Rhomboocellatus

IMG_0184.jpg

This was it as of last week. Its been changed since then though. New pics to follow.

Re: New 80cm

Wow! This is stunning :thumbup:

I cant believe 19people have viewed without saying anything lol.

I really like the wood in particular, do you have a shot further back so we can see it emerging from the water? do you have any shrimp in there?how do the barbs get on with them, i havnt seen these ones before, really nice looking though. What are you using for flow, just the filter or do you have a pump aswell.

look forward to some more pictures .

Like the use of the gravel and raised at the sides :)

Great looking tank, we want more :)

Thank you.
I'm afraid there are no other full tank pictures of this scape. Its been rescaped now.
Have a couple of the barbs. Yes I have got many shrimps in this tank. Amano and a large amount of breeding cherry shrimp. These barbs, although looking similar to tiger barbs, really dont have that aggressive attitude to them. Never touched any of the shrimp that i saw, not even the newly hatched young. Really beautiful fish, quite rare.

Tank specs:

Lighting: 2 x 24watt t5 8 hours daily
Filter: Fluval 405
Added flow with Hydor Koralia 4
Heater: Hydor 300w external
Substrate: Oliver Knott Nature Soil Brown
Sand: Unipac Zambezi sand, Graded gravels collected.
Co2: Pressurized 3 bps
Ferts: Dry powders

Plants: java moss, microsorum, anubias barteri nana, bonsai, various crypts, eleocharis acicularis, staurogyne, vallis nana, rotala rotundifolia, Ludwigia inclinata 'Cuba', pogostemon stellata(i think) and my favourite... bolbitis heudelotii.

Really cant say enough good about the barbs... perfect.
IMG_0183.jpg

and another of the tank as it was about a month ago.
IMG_0194.jpg

8) very very nice

i really like the graded gravels :thumbup: get some pics up of the rescape man !!!
oh and when your giving this thing a trim pm me :D

look forward to some updates

Ok, so this is how the tank looks today after being rescaped less than 2 weeks ago from the pictures above.
Apologies for the state of the pictures, i just couldnt get rid of the reflections... blazing sunlight

IMG_0230.jpg

There's actually a mass of tetras in there but they're all hiding after the water change.

Tank specs are the same.
Plant list: All the same crypts, microsoum narrow (obviously), bolbitis, vallis nana, weeping moss, java moss, rotala rotundefolia and new plant Hygrophila pinnatifida.

Fish list: numbers of green neon, black neon, red eye, gold and columbian tetras. the Rhomboocellatus barbs, 3 SAE's, Laetecara Dorsigera and otto's.

IMG_0226.jpg

Again, sorry for the reflection heavy pics. Will try and load up some better tonight.

thanks.

Jay, that is one quality rescape!

Love everything about it.

Congrats!

These are all straight from the camera. My Photoshop AND Lightroom are playing up.
Well enough moaning...
IMG_0251.jpg

Little shot of my two favourite tetras at the moment...
IMG_0247.jpg

Always seem to shoal together. Hopefully will continue when the columbians grow.

Thanks very much for your comments guys.

Looks great, it'll grow in brilliant.
I miss those Arcadia (?) luminaries, the new ot series ones look like ass.

Garuf said:
Looks great, it'll grow in brilliant.
I miss those Arcadia (?) luminaries, the new OT series ones look like ass.

Thanks man.
Know what you mean about the OT series. Mine isn't actually an Arcadia though, its VERY similar though. Same styling, but cost me only £20 a couple of years ago in Essex. Cant remember the name of the store though.

Try AllPondSolutions - That's where I got my Luminaire. Can't remember the price, but it was *way* less than an Arcadia, and they fitted a second plug for me ... And put in nice bulbs... (which I took out, because I hadn't realised and thought they'd left in the marine bulbs. But they're carefully wrapped for when I need them)

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/t5-aquarium-lighting-767-0.html

m

Couldn't believe what i was seeing. It has got only 2 bulbs though. BUT, i only ever use 2 for photo-period anyway.
This size tank could really do with more light but i haven't got any other lighting... only the 4 ft Arcadia that's' stashed away.

Swallow Aquatics in Colchester... that's where i got it!!

Wow!!! This is amazing. Definitely one of my favourite planted tanks easy.

its gunna look so immense when its filled in more :D

Well its been a while since an update... basically there's not been much going on. Slow growth an all.
Couple of new plants thrown in.
Little bit of melt on the crypts i took from my nano.
090.jpg

Some of the hygo coming along. You can see some blyxa japonica just behind that i planted. Not doing too well now, so I'm going to change it for more dependable crypts.
080.jpg

Full tank shot from saturday..
111.jpg

Cleared the foreground more. Felt there was too many stones and it took away any perception of depth.
Wanting to get rid of near all the microsorum and replace with a few more bolbitis and mosses.
Also, changed the vallis nana for eleocharis vivpara.

Thanks.

Wow, it looks great!

Can I ask what the plant with the serrated leaves is in the middle photo on the previous post?

Thanks,

Mark

Its the new hygrophilia from Tropica. Cant quite remember the name im afraid. Really beautiful and seems easy to grow even in my low light, liquid carbon tank.

Thanks very much. Good to have time for my fave hobby again and to discuss with you fine peoples.
Got a new tank on the go soon so i may be pillaging this tank for foliage... maybe.

Back