• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Digital ph reader, views, which is a good one?.

Tunafish

Pike man
Hi Ukaps folks,

Just wondered if anybody knew how good these digital ph meters are, and if so where can you get a good one?.

cheers

Mr G

most of the people on here will tell you not to use one including me but if you decide you want one ive got one i want to sell its a derreanll so a good brand and ive got all the test kits and a brand new priobe to go with it

if your useing it to control co2 it will give you unstable supply but they are acurate just unnesasery

no basically i just saw one being used on a planted system recently and wondered why they're not generally used. I've kept planted tanks for years and never bothered. Just saw it as a fancy extra on the hardware side!.

Hi all,
Get a reasonably cheap "scientific one", you also need the pH4 & pH7 buffers to calibrate it.
I've got an old Hanna one (and access to a lot of fairly swish ones at work) and the Hanna is fairly reliably accurate.

If I was going to buy a new one I'd probably go for the "Hanna HI-98107 Phep pH pocket meter" for about £30.

cheers Darrel

Back