• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Canon 500mm f/4 L

John Starkey

Hi All,after weeks and weeks of being at loggerheads with the wife she has finally given in to my constant wanting of the above lens,i will be placing the order next week,the bargain price of £4669,

happy days, :D ,

regards ,john.

you are seriously spending nearly £5000 on a camera lens?

perhaps you could spend some of it visiting the psychiatrist :lol:

those pics better be insane bud!

Wow! That's a serious investment mate. Looking forward to seeing the results! :D

Tonser said:
Excellent John - that is one serious bit of kit :wideyed: Look forward to seeing your pics :D

I've just sold my D3x body, and am now selling all my Nikon kit off and making the jump to Canon kit :wideyed: Cant wait to start shooting with it next week :)

Tony
Why make the switch, Tony?

George Farmer said:
Why make the switch, Tony?

I've been thinking about it for a while George, as I really want to get into shooting HD films, and also play with the MP-E 65mm (thanks to Saintly's pics and vids ;) ). Having tested the 5dMk2 with the Zeiss lens the stills quality matches the D3X with Nikon lenses, but the feel is so much nicer, especially shooting wide open - the drop off in focus is absolutely beautiful with those Zeiss lenses :)

Last week a friend wanted to buy the D3X off me for a great price so I thought I'd go for it. Just got to sell all the rest of the Nikon kit now :crazy:

Tony

I've got lens 1500mm f/12 which cost only 350. Downside is that my lens is not made by Canon so it only operates in manual mode and require adapter for Canon body + is quite heavy :D .

Picture taken from around 100 meters from object
img0466modj.jpg

Edit:
And one more, here distance to object is 385 lightyears :lol: , double star Albireo, it looks like single star to the naked eye.
albireomod.jpg

So that`s why you took the missus to Dubrovnik, you old Latino smoothie.

Good to see you enjoying your hard earned, John. That`s what it is for.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
So that`s why you took the missus to Dubrovnik, you old Latino smoothie.

Good to see you enjoying your hard earned, John. That`s what it is for.

Dave.

Too right dave,we as a family have had enough heart ache and you cant take it with you,just hope i get the results i am hoping for with it,

John.

Tonser said:
Excellent John - that is one serious bit of kit :wideyed: Look forward to seeing your pics :D

I've just sold my D3x body, and am now selling all my Nikon kit off and making the jump to Canon kit :wideyed: Cant wait to start shooting with it next week :)

Tony

Hi Tony,its about time you came over from the dark side :lol: ,the 5Dmk 2 is a cracking body,a friend of mine has one and the colours in pics are really vibrant,

john.

Nick16 said:
you are seriously spending nearly £5000 on a camera lens?

perhaps you could spend some of it visiting the psychiatrist :lol:

those pics better be insane bud!

Hey nick,when you get to my age and you want something you enjoy doing so much,its no point putting it on hold,

John.

Back