• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Shrimp Strains (LondonDragon Look)

Krishs Bettas

There are 2 new strains which came from the cherry shrimp i think here are the pictures.

Rili Shrimp
rili6.jpg

It looks like a cherry shrimp and a snowball shrimp.

Blue Rili Shrimp
wm.jpg

Both of them look really nice and very colourful.
But they are new strains so you won't be able to get some for a year at a decent price.
I want them so badly :lol:

The first one looks shopped to me, something just doesn't look right. I can't be the only one who likes his critters dull though?

just registered on that site, some of the new shrimp being bred are amazing.

The Starry Shrimp are something else>>
4485186082_94de61b31f_o.jpg

The first one almost looks photoshoped, the back of it looks like a snowball! Got more info on them?

That Starry shrimp is something else too! Amazing really :)

What about the Emperor Shrimp??

emperor_shrimp.jpg

The starry shrimp is pretty common at the minute, it regularly crops up in maidenheads and my local fish shop.
That emperor shrimp looks baffling, looks like a marine?

It says in the text it's painted, so it sounds even more suspect to me!

If they are "painted" would the shrimplets have the same colour as the parrents then?

Who knows, painted sort of means that it's exactly that, painted. If it's anything like the practice in painting fish then it's a disgusting, vile & reprehensible practice and should never be practiced.

And no, if they're painted then the offspring wouldn't be the same.

Gareth, I think you are taking the word painted out of context in this instance.
I believe he is using the word "painted" to describe how the colouring is on the shrimps shell rather than throughout its "insides".

I agree painting any livestock would be disgusting (I was shocked when only a few months ago I saw an LFS selling fish injected with fluoresecent dyes :twisted:).

LondonDragon said:
The first one almost looks photoshoped, the back of it looks like a snowball! Got more info on them?

That Starry shrimp is something else too! Amazing really :)

What about the Emperor Shrimp??

emperor_shrimp.jpg

How does evolution decide the colours of this shrimp! What is the purpose besides possibly for mating rituals? How bizarre yet beautiful in a weird way :)

mlgt said:
How does evolution decide the colours of this shrimp! What is the purpose besides possibly for mating rituals? How bizarre yet beautiful in a weird way :)

Communication, mate selection, and predator avoidance (maybe more?)

The camouflage aspect makes you want to chuckle at first... how can a critter be that lary for camouflage purposes!
Often the shrimp will have a 'host' anemone which it looks almost invisible when set against.
Not sure if that applies to that particular shrimp, but google "crinoid shrimp" to see what I mean :)

Back