• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

I thought I lived in a quiet street!

chrisfraser05

Woke up in the early hours of the morning hearing what sounded like gun shots, assumed it was a farmer as we live right on the edge of the town.

Looked out this morning and most of my street is cordoned off and there are forensics and the like all over the shop. Theres a car with its rear screen shot out and one of those forensics tents set up!

Will take some pics later!

By the look of it we were lucky the shots were fired the oppostie direction from my house or we could have taken a stray round!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/nor ... 400844.stm

Heres a few pics, sorry about the quality.

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

As you can see they've closed a fair old bit up the street. Looks like it all started in a house up the way and spilled out down and round the corner.
Looks like the guy was getting chased and got shot infront of the red clio, note the missing rear screen on the clio ;)

Your post comes across as glamourising gun crime. I find that distasteful, especially considering the BBC report says it is linked to a mans death.

Wow!!!!!! I really am not glamorising gun crime! Sorry if I came across that way as I meant nothing of the sort. It disgusts me to be honest. I'm used to being in danger when I'm in Afghanistan but I don't want it outside my front door!

chrisfraser05 said:
I'm used to being in danger when I'm in Afghanistan but I don't want it outside my front door!

i think you landed your plane in the wrong place mate.

chrisfraser05 said:
Wow!!!!!! I really am not glamorising gun crime! Sorry if I came across that way as I meant nothing of the sort. It disgusts me to be honest. I'm used to being in danger when I'm in Afghanistan but I don't want it outside my front door!

In which case I am happy to say... I am sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick.

No worries fella ;)

On a management course I was on recently it was mentioned only 20% of human communication is actually the words, the rest is body language and the like. Its easy to see that something can be writen to sound one way but come across totally differently!

Everywhere crime. Sit home and make nice fish tanks and You will be away from many probs :).
And You know statistic how many people every day die from car accidents or drugs or alcohol, illnes, cancer, . . .
If compare with shot tragedies, that one drop in to Ocean.
Some weeks ago some blocks from my house shot too one man and no one news told about that, but his been gangster, everybody here know them and no body cry's for them.
And big carefull, if You something seen told only to police and don't telll to all world. What You know what's there - maybe gangs revenge, save Yourself and Your family and tell only police about what You seen, just my advice.

arty, are you able to write in correct english? i really struggle to make sense of your posts...
(sorry if you are not english or theres a proper reason why you cant)

I can write in very good Latvian or Russian if You preffer
:D
I don't use ENglish online translator because many English poeple without these translators much better understund me.

Cheers

:) No problems. If You 'didn't want to ask' that mean You are Cultural Man ;)

Back