• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC/D-D regulators

mdhardy01

Does anyone use either of these?
What do you think of them?
The tmc is the one for disposable bottles
With the built in solenoid
Opinions please
Thanks
Matt

I use TMC, there is cga320 American standard thread and pub bottle is suitable for use, little ptf tape wrap around and ok.
Also paintball bottles have same standard, but other standard bottles not suitable.
You need look which standard is regulator - European or CGA320.

Pub bottle ok with cga320 and little ptf. But if Fire ext. then need at least 20 times wrap around profesionally and easily can damage regulator thread. At Yours own risk.
CGA320 and EU standart thrreads same , only angle difference in 5 degrees and if You first used fire ext. then next time with pub bottle can wrap to a lot ptf tape because Yours regulator thread are deformed close to cga 320 :D

Cheers,

Hi,

I get on fine with my D-D regulator and wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I needed to replace it, but conversely I know of others who wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, bad experiences with the main internal seal seems to be an Achilles heal for some.

I have found the pressure gauges and the coarse adjuster to be very good but the needle valve not so great but having said that I rarely alter the needle valve anyway preferring to rely on the accuracy of the pressure gauge instead (which appears to be very consistent indeed). The solenoid valve has never let me down in two years of use (touch wood).

Regards, Chris.

Does anyone know if the tmc one can have the output pressure turned up?
I want to use the inline up diffuser and I know
They need a slightly higher output

I like the TMC solenoid/regulators. My only gripe and I passed it onto the big guys at TMC them selfs when I was at Interzoo this year, is that the solenoid needs to be twisted around. I found that you had to have the regulator upside down to get it to fit on the bottle. Such a silly mistake. I hope they do something about it. Other than that, I really like them and a good price too.

mdhardy01 said:

This is the same what i use CGA320 standard, i use with pub bottle, no any probs. Neelke valve only weak. Problems in my local area refill standard tmc bottle with cga 320, no one place.
I got on refundable 30 pounds 7lb bottle from local pub bottle suplier and every time recharge cost 10.
Can easily fit on pub bottle, only little tricky - take off selenoid valve before and after scruved on bottle scruw back selenoid.
Only pub publes can be too with different threads.

Cheers,

Back