• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Easycarbo from Ebay?

arty

Bought from ebay powerseller new Easycarbo, only in this morning(new setup) i look and bottle been opened before, security ring and foil gone too.

WHo have easycarbo please advice - smell or not , some color have or not ?

Best Regards,

I had the same with Excel from Ebay. I emailed the seller and he denied that it should be open. Mine seemed fine though. I reckon these guys probably buy in bulk and split into smaller bottles.

But If split from Bulk, where sellers get empty used bottles, maybe they catch from rubish containers :D :D
:D and after people wonder fish die - overdosing e.g.
Maybe simply dilute like this product :(
http://www.bonnymans.co.uk/products/pro ... uctID=6243

Realy ..., .. powersellers.
In one day i will stop buy any goods from Ebay.

AWARE !
eBay Top-rated seller
eastsussex

Regards,

arty said:

Arty I'm pretty sure excel isn't 100% gluteraldehyde. This seller isn't doing anything wrong. When you buy an alcoholic drink you would not expect it to be 100% alcohol - same principle.

When it comes to buying chemicals it might be best to buy from a reputable seller. If the seal is broken you have no idea what has happened to the contents - could be water or poison for all you know. I would contact the seller asap after finding a broken seal.

Excel is about 2.6% gluteraldehyde irrc, and id agree with lisa , anything thats going into my tank i would want to be 100% sure its what it says on the label.

*forgot to answer OP*

Excel is a bit cloudy and has a fairly strong smell , its quite unique to me so i couldn`t say if it smells like anything else really, not too sure about easycarbo as i`ve not had any yet

In received bottle something like water, no any smell , no any color.
Problem resolved. Seller will post new bottle to me :).

Thanks for support.
Best Regards,

I would not recommend you place a bottle of Easyvarbo to your nose! really bad idea! You should in fact wear a mask, gloves and open all the windows when dosing this stuff.

LondonDragon said:
I would not recommend you place a bottle of Easyvarbo to your nose! really bad idea! You should in fact wear a mask, gloves and open all the windows when dosing this stuff.
sorry but I have to call BS on this.

Don't want to spark glutaraldeyde safety debate on this but that is over the top.

Do you put a safety suit on to fill up your car with diesel?

I would suggest anyone interested should look up the MSDS for glutaraldehyde and decide for themself....

Vaevictus said:
LondonDragon said:

Don't want to spark glutaraldeyde safety debate on this but that is over the top.

Do you put a safety suit on to fill up your car with diesel?

Take a look at this MSDS from Oxford University.
http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/GL/glutaric_dialdehyde.html
Synonyms: glutaraldehyde, glutardialdehyde, 1,3-diformylpropane, glutaral, 1,5-pentanedial, 1,5-pentanedione, asep, cidex, jotacide, sonacide.
Colourless or light yellow liquid with a pungent odour.
May be fatal if inhaled. Highly toxic. May act as a sensitizer. Harmful if absorbed through skin. Corrosive - causes burns. Very destructive of mucous membranes. May cause allergic reaction. Typical LTEL/TWA 0.05 ppm. Severe eye and skin irritant.

Excel may be a low concentration of gluteraldehyde, but I'd still err on the side of caution. The analogy to diesel filling isn't accurate, how often do you put your hands in the diesel tank for ages?

PS due to the severity of the MSDS I read I felt it important to actually post some here.

Just go to our spnsors every time, Fluidsensor does the job for me every time, And there are other spnsors who will do just the same. Dont take the chance for the sake of a pound or two, Itll cost you more if you get something you didnt want. Common sense should always prevail.

Take care
Chilled 84 :thumbup:

Brenmuk said:
LD, Can I be nosey and ask what health problems it caused you? I always come across the handle with care messages but never anyone who has actually suffered.
I used EC for a while and had blisters all over my fingers which even the doctor did not understand, after a few creams for treatment nothing worked, so stopped dosing EC after reading a topic here on the forum and the blisters went away for a few months. A few weeks ago I had a strong case of BBA on my wood so decided to use EC to get rid of it quicker, after a few days of adding EC to the tank and having my hands in the tank the blisters came back, I have now stopped using EC 3 weeks go and the blisters are almost gone again. Could be a unique case!

Brenmuk said:
LondonDragon said:
Vaevictus said:
I know the health problems the use of this product caused me so each to its own!

LD, Can I be nosey and ask what health problems it caused you? I always come across the handle with care messages but never anyone who has actually suffered.

I developed burns on my hands and tunnel vision.
Both went when I stopped using the product.

Back