• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica' (Compact/Tropica Sword)

jacko32

hi all im new here and could use some help sourcing this plant Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica' (Compact/Tropica Sword)
they do have the plant listed at java plants but upon arrival there version stands at around 7" tall strange as its in there foreground section.
unfortunately the guy in sales is adamant upon return of the plant that these are indeed Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica' (Compact/Tropica Sword) i already have a couple in my tank so i know there not as the ones java sent have very long stems and Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica' (Compact/Tropica Sword) do not.
so my question is does anyone please know were else i can source this plant online in the UK ?

many thanks kris

Re: Echinodorus parviflorus 'Tropica' (Compact/Tropica Sword

Could this be down to you receiving the plants in emersed form? Most aquatic plants look remarkably different when grown above water...

no they were a different plant very tall instead of squat
sledgehammer001.jpg

sledgehammer002.jpg

It could still that they were grown emersed as james said , many plants can look totaly different between there two forms, i got a amazon sword a while back that was nearly a foot long in each stem/leaf (that was grown emersed) its barely 6 inchs long in each now its thrown out immersed grown leaves.

ordered somemore from somewhere else now i will see how these turn out it could even be that the originals that i have in the tank arent even black swords there some kind of dwarf echinodorus anyway
i need about 20 to cover an area in one corner of the tank

my feeling is they have sent the larger Echinodorus parviflorus not Echinodorus parviflorus 'TROPICA which is a much smaller plant and more suited to the foreground

Back