• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock' THE BIG STRIP

Re: Saintly's 120cm' Fraggle rock'

A good shoal of Arnoldichthys spilopterus the african red eye tetra.

Arnoldichthys_spilopterus4.jpg

Get about 6cm and look stunning.

arnoldichthys_spilopterus_57647.jpg

The potential issue I could foresee with larger, messier fish i.e. most cichlids, is possible algae. If Mark is going down the non-CO2 route then light fish stocking is the order of the day, in my view.

Mark - top drawer with the 'scape mate. Also kudos for stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new.

I would go for hill stream loaches and danios or white clouds minows.

Thanks for the input everyone :thumbup:

I'm thinking of tetras. George pointed out something that i was wondering about... possible overstocking.

I could though, stuff the tank with a school of fish just for images. That could work.

George Farmer said:
Spoken like a true photographer!! :hilarious:

:hilarious: yup!

Krish's Bettas said:
What about gobies :D *cough* Stiphodons *cough* :hilarious:

i'll have to google those. :thumbup:

here's a quick vid

I couldn't resist buying just a few fish. Rummy nose tetras seem to hug the bottom. I reckon a mid dwelling fish should work better.

Hey Mark,

I have a couple of Stiphodons Gobies (neon reds) you could have, just removed them from my other scape.... They would look cool in that set up. They like rocks!

I don't know why but your videos look way better than the photos :lol: :thumbup:

You can feed your tetras when you want them to be near surface or you can use a gizmo to attract them:

Baby-Toy.jpg

:D

clonitza said:
I don't know why but your videos look way better than the photos :lol: :thumbup:

cheers mate :thumbup: i'm not sure why. I'm glad you like them though.

Andy,in response the vimeo comment...

this is with just standard tank lighting. With it being so sparse, light is even. what you see in the vid, is what it's like in reality.

To change to a white background, I just whip out the BG and switch the rear lights on...I'll do a vid of that. :thumbup:

just to add to the 'vimeo' invasion :hilarious:

here's a vid showing the difference in backgrounds.

black background and white wall with back lighting

cheers Sam. My mission at the moment, is to find the best way of lighting it for images and video. backgrounds etc.

here's a couple of ways of doing it.

The first isn't quite right, due to that horrid line on the background.

wall.jpg

The second, looks amazing in real time ;)

blue-sky.jpg

samc said:
nice effects mark.

This tank is providing me with a great opportunity to get the illumination right for the next big planted tank venture ;)

Back