• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'patience is a virtue'

rad89 said:
Looks good!

One question with the tank, did you take the plastic bit around the top off the tank off?

the tank i got was rimless, it came with a naff plastic lid which im not using, the clearseal range dont have plastic bits at the top, the larger ones have glass braces going allong the sides

3 months later, an update?

well holiday was a fail and got stuck in the carribian for an extra week, such a hard life due to the volcaino, but scuba diving makes you wanna go marine♥ but im staying faithful to planted tanks, for now

so ill get round to buying a filter in the next few weeks after my exams, but itll only be a small internal as im skint student

IMG00045-20100604-1520.jpg

a while back, 10th april 2010
07032010190.jpg

today, 4th june 2010
IMG00046-20100604-1521.jpg

Getting some good growth, looking good buddy, remember, your patience will pay off in the end!

update timeee

well, as im a student moneys obviously spent on drink, so i turned to an internal filter and heater but i reccon i could cover them up with plants when i get round to buying some.

but today my filter arrived so i filled her up

IMG00050-20100710-1447.jpg

now i jsut need some plants for the back :/ im not sure which thou. any suggestions?

This is an almost identical setup to my first planted tank (same tank, same arcpod, similar scape) but you've done a lot better with it! The DSM was a great idea, make sure you get lots of CO2 when you fill though for the HC. Nice scape. As for plants at the back how about blyxa, tenellus or standard hairgrass?

well i got a fish, hes called bob & some blyxa jap. arrived today so heres a photo

sorry its not the best quality, my blackberry doesnt seem to like taking photos lately.

IMG00061-20100716-1540-1.jpg

You have make a winning tank here very well done, you made a great home for your betta bob :D Be saw to change the water and feed him goof food and he should start to build a buuble nest. What filter are you using?

Krish's Bettas said:
You have make a winning tank here very well done, you made a great home for your betta bob :D Be saw to change the water and feed him goof food and he should start to build a buuble nest. What filter are you using?

im using http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/aquael- ... -2428.html that filter
and ive had a couple bettas before, one lived 2 years so i hope bob lasts that long too ;D

Back